CDL wiring harness?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bhicks

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I picked up a CDL switch on ebay and am ready to install it. I'm trying to find the factory wiring/harness/plug behind the dash but am not having success. Just need to know where to look. Please don't tell me to use the search tool. I just spent the last 3 hours doing that and reading through dozens of CDL threads. I know all about what switches will work off what year yotas and what the CDL is for and even how to install it. I came across a few threads that mentioned what the harness looks like and even got a pic but I'm still not sure where I should be looking. Do I need to remove the dash to get to it or can I add the button and keep the dash on at the same time?

You will need to remove the plastic which holds the switches. It will be inline with the up/down antenna switch. Usually it is attached to wires. Maybe different with the 95-97, but that's how it was in my 93-94 LC.

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD

Click on the "Toyota Diff Lock Switch" in this link:

Slee - List of Installation Articles

That link was great. I printed out the pdf and will be using it tomorrow. Thanks. The only issue with the link is that it isn't real specific on where to locate the CDL harness. It says "It can be
located behind the radio or above the A/C controls." Im surprised there isn't a specific spot toyota would want to anchor that plug to.

Once you open up the dash, the harness for the CDL switch is just sort of hanging there, pretty much as they describe it being roughly behind/slightly above the HVAC control assembly. The foam that covers the plug is brownish, IIRC, or perhaps grey.

Have faith, it'll be there. Just take care taking things apart and replacing. Me and plastic, we don't get along so good sometimes, so I try to be gentle as possible.

On my '96 it was near the top left of the radio and had some foam tape around it. The harness had a dummy plug attached to it which needs to be removed. Hope that helps!

That does help. Thanks for the info and confidence guys.

Got the CDL switch installed. It took about 20 minutes from beginning to end. The harness/plug was just to the left of the radio. Everything works great. It engages and disengages without an issue and the light on the dash works as well. This was a great/easy/cheap mod. Very glad I did it. Thanks for the links and vids guys. Made the install go a lot smoother and quicker.

Subscribed

On my '96 it was near the top left of the radio and had some foam tape around it. The harness had a dummy plug attached to it which needs to be removed. Hope that helps!

Thanks @jcardona1. I finally got around to putting my CDL switch in as part of my stereo install and was scratching my head as to where the plug was. The dummy plug was throwing me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom