CB Radio Install on an ARB Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I installed my CB Radio in my 200. The biggest challenge was where to install the antenna. On my 100, the Slee bumper had a spot and the ARB does not.

So i got one of the Mirror arm install brackets and use half of it, bolted it to the tire carrier. Scraped some of the powder coating off to provide a ground.

I noticed the lip was sticking out and would hit the rear gate when you slam the ARB bumper shut. So I took a jigsaw and made the edge flat and it doesn't contact any more
d.jpg
e.jpg
a.jpg

I installed the speaker to the under dash cover below the glove box. Out of sight and no ones knees will hit it. I placed the main unit behind the carpet on the firewall
You will notice a piece of Velcro under the speaker, that's so it won't vibrate and make noise, or at least that is the idea

b.jpg

c.jpg

BTW, is there an adjustment for how hard you have to slam the tire carrier shut? I really like the way it opens.

I don't use the CB Much. The Ham Radio is a better medium to communicate. Far greater range and clarity. Since I participate and lead in a lot of trail runs, I need the CB as not everyone has seen the HAM Radio "light" :D

The weather feature on this CB is useful for hearing National Weather forecasts. My HAM does that as well, but its easier to do on the CB and still lets you use the HAM

Last edited:
BTW, is there an adjustment for how hard you have to slam the tire carrier shut? I really like the way it opens.

You can adjust the force it takes to open and close the carrier by locating the red bumper on the back side of the carrier arm. There is a nut that has to be loosened, and then you can either adjust the stopper inward or outward, by rotating it accordingly.

The best mod I have done to the carrier mechanism though, was removing the latch assembly, and polishing all sear contact points in the latch until they had a mirror finish. I then liberally coated all contact points with Royal Purple grease. I can open the latch with a single finger now. :)

Maybe a silly question... but where did you run your CB and HAM antennae wires to the rear, through the cab or below the vehicle?

Maybe a silly question... but where did you run your CB and HAM antennae wires to the rear, through the cab or below the vehicle?

Through the vehicle. Behind the trim on the passenger side. I had all my wiring from front to rear laid out and used the channels under the step molding. Click on my build thread link in my sig block and you will see how I mounted my radios and ran the wires

I've definitely been through your build thread a couple times in the past. I guess more specifically, once you get the cables through the interior and to the rear of the truck where is the exit point from the inside to outside? All I can see is that your HAM antennae goes up your hatch but can't see where it enters the vehicle. Same for CB, looks like it's coming out from lower left. Maybe I missed a pic or two I dunno.

ahhh, it goes out the rear snaked down from the tailgate to the ARBBumber. If your looking at the tailgate. in the far right bottom corner there is a gap with a rubber seal and it string it through there. This pic is before the ARB Rear bumper and I had the wires staged and ready to go. The circled area is about where I ran the wires down through
Capture.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom