Cassandra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Midland MTX115 installed with a drivers side fender mounted antenna. I can get the weather radio bit but i need to test to see if I'm actually transmitting.

Decided to reach out to Gear Grinders about a lift install and it's happening Monday. OME medium with new upper control arms.

Who's uppers you go with.

Freedom Off Road from Apache but the cheaper ones because I honestly don't know the difference.

Lift done, thank you Gear Grinders, pics tomorrow since it's dark for Transformation Tuesday.

Transformation Tuesday. Netted 3 1/2" in the front and 2 1/2" in the rear. Sitting at roughly 24" center of hub to fender. OME mediums all around. Freedom Off Road upper control arms.

20191029_101223.jpg

Yeah I was a little caught off guard how much lift I got in the front. I've got an Addicted Off Road bumper on order so that should bring it down a bit but for now I'm digging the level stance.

looks great Matt! I bet it will settle a little bit.

one thing about that antenna mount, make sure its not rubbing the hood at all. Mine rubbed the paint right there. Clear packing tape took care of that

Just ordered a 4x4labs rear bumper.

I haven't seen one on a GX. Look forward to seeing how it looks and goes on. With or without swingouts?

With swing outs. I figured at this point I may as well go all in . Now to get some aluminum skid plates and I'll be complete.

If you are gonna beat around on it at all, I would go steel.

We trashed our aluminum RCI gas tank skid in the Cove a month or so ago. I have a replacement steel unit for the truck when I get inclined to put it on. I am also going to be adding gussets and some additional mounts to beef it up as well. I plan to eventually replace the aluminum front skid with a steel one too as the AL has taken some good licks too.

I consider what we do light wheeling and would not have thought we'd ruin the AL ones, but I was clearly wrong. Just my $0.02

Yeah I saw the sheered off skid somewhere which is why I made the reference. When I do skids I'll probably do somebodies 1/8" one's and hope that's enough.

Did a SAIS bypass because I could hear the fan wind up and that's supposed to signal the beginning of a failure. I've also developed a leak in the rear door. I think it's the spoiler mount but ugh on the leak. I've also noticed the blend doors on the HVAC seem to not be working. All that's behind the dash so I may just live with it.

4x4 Labs bumper will be here next week, still waiting on the Addicted Offroad front bumper, and reworking my shelf/sleeping platform because it's to tall.

Gonna go get some shorter carriage bolts, carpet, and glue tomorrow.
20191123_143638.jpg

Last edited:
Rear bumper is here but at work, I didn't have my trailer with me when it came in Friday. I'm ginna try and get it installed before the Christmas party.

For those that have cut the ass end off your truck for the 4x4labs bumper y'all got any tips.

For those that have cut the ass end off your truck for the 4x4labs bumper y'all got any tips.
Angle grinder is the easiest, then follow up with flap disc or grinding disc to get the frame smooth from factory welds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom