CarPlay works in a 2020 Land Cruiser (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When you guys are ordering this stuff, are you getting it through Eric or NaviPlus? If through Eric, are you calling him directly or contacting him using another method? I originally thought my 2018 was a capacitive touch screen, but after using the eraser on a pencil on my phone (which didn't work) then on my headunit (which did) it seems I have the resistive screen. Is there another method used to verify? Or is that something Eric/his team can look up when ordering?

I've heard several questions about a local Denver shop that could install these. I was thinking PDA Road Gear. They did the install on my old Sequoia. I put in the Alpine ILX-F309 and iDataLink Maestro unit. Once I get an answer about the preferred purchase location, I'll get on it. Just trying to pick a song out using PlexAmp on my phone (which doesn't display any track/album/artist info on the headunit) is getting dangerous.
I got mine direct from Naviplus. They will ask you to send pictures of your dash and test the screen to make sure you get the right one.

I got mine direct from Naviplus. They will ask you to send pictures of your dash and test the screen to make sure you get the right one.

@RobW0 thanks for the info! Did you contact them before the buy, or did they get ahold of you afterwards?

As a side note, I grew up in Central IL! Small world!

@RobW0 thanks for the info! Did you contact them before the buy, or did they get ahold of you afterwards?

As a side note, I grew up in Central IL! Small world!
I received and email from them, after I made my order, asking for the additional information. I have found them quick to respond to emails if you have any questions for them.

To all who have bought please report back to us on how well it works.

Mine works great. I was the 2nd US install. I’ve had it since July. Connects wirelessly. Does what I need. I’ve posted details early in this thread ... page 5 is where it starts.

Purchased via website with group buy discount. Had the guys at Ed Martin Toyota install as I have had Eric Sargeant do some work for me in the past. Easy drop off/pick up with them and appreciated the personalized service.

As for the actual unit itself, it's aftermarket so there are some issues. Yes it works. Yes it gives you aftermarket CarPlay for the LC. But it isn't perfect. I have yet to be satisfied with sound quality. No matter if I connect wired or wireless, I get little "blips" during playback about every 30-60 seconds (especially noticeable with music: podcasts/audiobooks don't seem to be as much an issue). During long trips, the CarPlay sometimes just resets itself and I have to reconnect. It's a little bit of a pain considering I have to redo the destination for GPS when this happens. I could live with this but the audio "blips" sort of drive me crazy.

Overall, I do like it and would buy again but just be aware that it's far from perfect.

As a side note, I have yet to disconnect my iPhone from my factory bluetooth and sometimes I just listen to music via this while still using CarPlay and there are no "blips". But, then you have to connect to CarPlay bluetooth during phone calls to answer while on CarPlay.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Purchased via website with group buy discount. Had the guys at Ed Martin Toyota install as I have had Eric Sargeant do some work for me in the past. Easy drop off/pick up with them and appreciated the personalized service.

As for the actual unit itself, it's aftermarket so there are some issues. Yes it works. Yes it gives you aftermarket CarPlay for the LC. But it isn't perfect. I have yet to be satisfied with sound quality. No matter if I connect wired or wireless, I get little "blips" during playback about every 30-60 seconds (especially noticeable with music: podcasts/audiobooks don't seem to be as much an issue). During long trips, the CarPlay sometimes just resets itself and I have to reconnect. It's a little bit of a pain considering I have to redo the destination for GPS when this happens. I could live with this but the audio "blips" sort of drive me crazy.

Overall, I do like it and would buy again but just be aware that it's far from perfect.

As a side note, I have yet to disconnect my iPhone from my factory bluetooth and sometimes I just listen to music via this while still using CarPlay and there are no "blips". But, then you have to connect to CarPlay bluetooth during phone calls to answer while on CarPlay.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Mine has no such "blips" at all and has never disconnected a single time. Had it since July. Not sure what is going on with yours.

Just to troubleshoot.... might consider disconnecting your phone from the OEM system completely (phone and music) to see if there’s interference there causing the drops.

Some have reported conflicts causing drops.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot. Just curious if I am the only one this is happening to?

I just had mine installed by a local shop today. So far, only the volume control on the steering wheel works. Can’t skip tracks. Any ideas?

I just had mine installed by a local shop today. So far, only the volume control on the steering wheel works. Can’t skip tracks. Any ideas?
I can’t remember off the top of my head how to enable that, but I know it’s in the settings. Disconnect your phone and go in the settings when you see carplay/Android Auto/Bluetooth on the root screen. I think it’s self explanatory.

I had the same issue, but hadn’t properly set the system. Here are the instructions and NetPlay settings. Make sure everything is set up as shown.

Attachments

• TOYOTA_LC200C_NET_FROM2019_ACP.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 161
  • NETPLAY SETTING.pdf
    452.3 KB · Views: 154
To those mentioning "drop outs," I have noticed with using either Google Maps or Apple Maps, that if I switch to another app within CarPlay, like Music, the nav just spontaneously ends the trip in the background without warning. I've had to realize I was approaching an important turn, made my way back to the navigation app to notice no more destination. I have to then enter my destination again on the fly. Is this what you all are seeing as well? Any solutions?

Second issue: if I have the Land Cruiser 360 camera set to activate automatically when approaching a full stop, it will activate correctly, but then it will not return to CarPlay once I start to drive away. It reverts to the factory GPS screen. As such I cannot use this auto camera setting any longer.

To those mentioning "drop outs," I have noticed with using either Google Maps or Apple Maps, that if I switch to another app within CarPlay, like Music, the nav just spontaneously ends the trip in the background without warning. I've had to realize I was approaching an important turn, made my way back to the navigation app to notice no more destination. I have to then enter my destination again on the fly. Is this what you all are seeing as well? Any solutions?

Second issue: if I have the Land Cruiser 360 camera set to activate automatically when approaching a full stop, it will activate correctly, but then it will not return to CarPlay once I start to drive away. It reverts to the factory GPS screen. As such I cannot use this auto camera setting any longer.

I have had the dropouts when I use the wireless CarPlay. I have been using the wired mode of CarPlay because of the better sound quality. I have not had the problem you mention when using the maps. I have been using Waze on long trips with no problems. If I am listening to a podcast or music it will pause that sound and give me the voice announcement from Waze and then go back to the music or podcast with no problem.

The only time I set my camera to auto is when I am off-roading, so I can not comment on that. I would think all you would need to do is press the Navi button and you would be back on the CarPlay screen.

I had the same issue, but hadn’t properly set the system. Here are the instructions and NetPlay settings. Make sure everything is set up as shown.
That got it. I was missing the final setting. I now have full steering wheel controls.

Overall, really happy with the system. Using map apps is great. Love the interface for music. Texting is now viable through the car. Voice commands with Siri are much more reliable.

My only downside so far is that phone calls are very "tinny". Even with the master volume down low. Calls seem really blown out. If I make a call with another cell through bluetooth is sounds the same as it used to. I've emailed Naviplus to see if they have any ideas.

Well worth the expense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom