carburetor replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am replacing my original USA model Aisan carb. The non-USA model that I bought doesn't have emission items that the USA model has. Mainly the return line next to the gas line input that returns to the EPA items under the gasoline filler pipe on the inside of the veh. Also the small 1/8 inch vent lines coming out of the outside top of the carb. It is all non-working anyway so is it alright to just leave the connections tapped off? Thanks

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Emissions equipment is very much year specific, so having that info is helpful to provide any input. Some of the systems are more important than others, so blindly capping things without knowing what system they effect is a bad strategy.

Man I wish I had that return line fitting on the non-USA carb I have on the shelf. I was thinking of building one carb for high altitude and I run a return line currently so it’s not exactly plug and play.

Let’s see the lines on the top of the carb you are talking about.

I’m guessing, by your fuel separator, that your 40 fits in the 2nd tab-range... but, there are other year-range tabs as well.

Edit: I have an extra oem ‘78 US Aisin Carb I might part with. PM me, if you’re interested.

I’m guessing, by your fuel separator, that your 40 fits in the 2nd tab-range... but, there are other year-range tabs as well.

Edit: I have an extra oem ‘78 US Aisin Carb I might part with. PM me, if you’re interested.
How much would you want and has it ever been rebuilt? thanks

Man I wish I had that return line fitting on the non-USA carb I have on the shelf. I was thinking of building one carb for high altitude and I run a return line currently so it’s not exactly plug and play.

Let’s see the lines on the top of the carb you are talking about.
Here is another picture of the vac lines I was talking about.....

IMG_0011.JPG

That is the fuel return line, it should route back to the fuel tank.

Mr Beckley, although you ask a simple question, the proper answer is more in depth. I recommend you get the factory emissions manual for your year. (Not sure what year you have but looks to be between 76-78) Then study it and compare your current setup with what that manual says. The point is, to gain a working knowledge of the emissions systems before you modify it. When mounting a non-US carb, there are US emissions systems that either need to be disabled (i.e. EGR, AI) or re-routed so they stay functional (i.e. PCV, EVAP). Search out the threads in the 60 section on desmog and that will get you much smarter on the subject. @FJ40Jim is the absolute authority on all things associated with desmog, so seek out his wisdom. Good Luck on your project.

I am replacing my original USA model Aisan carb. The non-USA model that I bought doesn't have emission items that the USA model has. Mainly the return line next to the gas line input that returns to the EPA items under the gasoline filler pipe on the inside of the veh. Also the small 1/8 inch vent lines coming out of the outside top of the carb. It is all non-working anyway so is it alright to just leave the connections tapped off? Thanks

View attachment 2380666

View attachment 2380667

i have the Needed white small fuel filter check valves if you need one ?

if you decide to part with your new NON usa carb , i have several solid fully rebuild able cores form all various years , full smog us spec one

PM me if you need to talk , i can share e some very detailed photos too

thanks matt

i stock the desired late model fj60 large filter media filter too

this is a AMAUST have update and upgrade hands down !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom