Builds Car Camping Edition Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Given the change in the used car market I am considering selling this GX and picking up a new Cyber Orange Ranger Tremor. I keep finding myself needing a truck and can only fit a midsize in my garage (important to me). I've driven all the mid-sizes and love the powertrain in the Ranger. My main quibble before was the suspension but all signs point towards the Tremor package resolving those issues and I like the package as a whole. Still need to drive one before deciding but what do you guys think about pricing for this GX?

-70k miles
-Luxury Trim
-Lots of dealer maintenance records (was previously a certified)
-Ironman drawers
-265/70R17 BFG k02s (5k ish miles, comes w/ stock set of 18s in excellent shape)
-FJ Cruiser 8 hole wheels (set of 5)
-Ironman FCP lift with rear air delete
-Black interior in perfect shape (never smoked in)
-Multi Terrain Select added
-Tow package
-Driver's Support Package (Mark Levinson, crawl control, lane watch, adaptive cruise).
-Arb dual compressor on a slee mount (might keep the compressor)
-Redarc tow controller

Last edited:
What state are you selling it out of?

Given the change in the used car market I am considering selling this GX and picking up a new Cyber Orange Ranger Tremor. I keep finding myself needing a truck and can only fit a midsize in my garage (important to me). I've driven all the mid-sizes and love the powertrain in the Ranger. My main quibble before was the suspension but all signs point towards the Tremor package resolving those issues and I like the package as a whole. Still need to drive one before deciding but what do you guys think about pricing for this GX?

-70k miles
-Luxury Trim
-Lots of dealer maintenance records (was previously a certified)
-Ironman drawers
-265/70R17 BFG k02s (5k ish miles, comes w/ stock set of 18s in excellent shape)
-FJ Cruiser 8 hole wheels (set of 5)
-Ironman FCP lift with rear air delete
-Black interior in perfect shape (never smoked in)
-Multi Terrain Select added
-Tow package
-Driver's Support Package (Mark Levinson, crawl control, lane watch, adaptive cruise).
-Arb dual compressor on a slee mount (might keep the compressor)
-Redarc tow controller

sorry off topic question, but how hard was the rear air delete?

Could you let me know which springs you went with on your Foam Cell Pros? I’m thinking about their 2.5” front lift/2” rear. I’ve got a CBI Covert front bumper incoming along with a set of their aluminum skids. I don’t plan on getting a winch just yet. Maybe next year. The front bumper is supposed to weigh about 90 lbs which according to Ironman puts me on the 0-110lb Performance springs. But if/when I get a winch I’d be well into the 2.5” Constant load springs (110-220).

Could you let me know which springs you went with on your Foam Cell Pros? I’m thinking about their 2.5” front lift/2” rear. I’ve got a CBI Covert front bumper incoming along with a set of their aluminum skids. I don’t plan on getting a winch just yet. Maybe next year. The front bumper is supposed to weigh about 90 lbs which according to Ironman puts me on the 0-110lb Performance springs. But if/when I get a winch I’d be well into the 2.5” Constant load springs (110-220).
I went with the performance springs. I also have a CBI waiting on delivery (6 week lead time is turning out more like 13 btw). I chatted with the folks at ironman and they recommended the lower rating for a bit more comfort since I wasn't really after max lift. I got a lot more than 2" out of the lift and haven't adjusted the coilovers so I can likely dial it right back up after the bumper.

I went with the performance springs. I also have a CBI waiting on delivery (6 week lead time is turning out more like 13 btw). I chatted with the folks at ironman and they recommended the lower rating for a bit more comfort since I wasn't really after max lift. I got a lot more than 2" out of the lift and haven't adjusted the coilovers so I can likely dial it right back up after the bumper.
Thanks. I'm also looking for comfort rather than max lift. Did you install a diff drop or have to lengthen any brake lines? I called CBI about the bumper status two weeks ago. The estimate I got was a June 15 ship date which puts it at 12 weeks from order date. The person I spoke with emphasized it was just an estimate so I don't have a lot of confidence in that June date.

Thanks. I'm also looking for comfort rather than max lift. Did you install a diff drop or have to lengthen any brake lines? I called CBI about the bumper status two weeks ago. The estimate I got was a June 15 ship date which puts it at 12 weeks from order date. The person I spoke with emphasized it was just an estimate so I don't have a lot of confidence in that June date.
I got a June 11th ship date so we'll see.

Diff drop is actually a bad idea on the GX. It's really unnecessary. Your brake lines will also be fine. Just be cautious with over extending them while installing the lift.

Reactions: r2m
Well the bumper still wasn't in fabrication at CBI so I went ahead and cancelled after 14 weeks.

I think I will end up going with a truck in the near future so it just didn't make sense to cut up the front of the rig and sink another $1800 into it.

Plus after the lift and tires it really has plenty of ground clearance for running the vast majority of FS and BLM roads.

• Sad
Sorry to hear about the delay with CBI. This may hurt their business if they're taking that long.

Sorry to hear about the delay with CBI. This may hurt their business if they're taking that long.
I'm not sure what the deal is. 6 weeks turning into 14+ weeks with absolutely 0 communication while holding $1,800 isn't cool. There's also still no pending refund and my order still shows processing; I'll give it a couple of days to go through but fully anticipate having to call again, wait 30 minutes on hold, and asking for a refund again. I get that places are super busy and there are shortages of things including labor but they might need to hit the pause button and play catch up.

It's just the reality of ordering stuff these days.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the deal is. 6 weeks turning into 14+ weeks with absolutely 0 communication while holding $1,800 isn't cool. There's also still no pending refund and my order still shows processing; I'll give it a couple of days to go through but fully anticipate having to call again, wait 30 minutes on hold, and asking for a refund again. I get that places are super busy and there are shortages of things including labor but they might need to hit the pause button and play catch up.

It's just the reality of ordering stuff these days.
To their credit they issued the refund today without me needing to call again. I wonder how long these lead times will remain!

hmmm, this has me wondering whether I should cancel too.
I think the Victory bumper is the better option just for the weight savings.

My big concern with the lead time is if there are any issues with the delivered product it could lead to a really substantial wait for a resolution.

I've also now spent more time with the GX and have realized a bumper isn't necessary for my use. Coupled with a winch the 200+lbs hanging off the front plus the total cost ($2500ish) and it just stopped making sense. I'll probably pick up a wyeth scott power puller and call it a day.

Did CBI try giving you a better delivery date when you called? Mine's still showing "processing" as well. It looks like we're past that June 15 estimate I was given. I actually like the look of the CBI a bit more than the Victory. The CBI looks more factory to me and is also a bit less expensive. I happened to see a parked GX460 with the CBI bumper while I was out on my bike and it looked pretty good. I do like the 70lb of the Victory vs the 90-100lb of the CBI though. I don't see myself doing anything extreme. I was looking at bumpers to help improve approach angle. Eventually I'd like to install a winch - just in case. I do plan on installing about a 2" lift and just wanted to do the bumper and lift at the same time to avoid swapping out springs later on.

Did CBI try giving you a better delivery date when you called? Mine's still showing "processing" as well. It looks like we're past that June 15 estimate I was given. I actually like the look of the CBI a bit more than the Victory. The CBI looks more factory to me and is also a bit less expensive. I happened to see a parked GX460 with the CBI bumper while I was out on my bike and it looked pretty good. I do like the 70lb of the Victory vs the 90-100lb of the CBI though. I don't see myself doing anything extreme. I was looking at bumpers to help improve approach angle. Eventually I'd like to install a winch - just in case. I do plan on installing about a 2" lift and just wanted to do the bumper and lift at the same time to avoid swapping out springs later on.
They didn't offer one but it wasn't built yet. That was my plan too. Maybe my cancellation will get yours done faster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom