Canvasback cargo liners installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Didn’t see too many posts on these so putting up some pics for everyone. I had my first set on the 4Runner and loved them for the past 5 years. Held up well and protected the interior from sand, debris, fridge and all sorts of gear going in and out throughout the years.

Pics are before/ after from a 2020 land cruiser, mocha color. Oder included the cargo liner, tailgate piece, 2nd seat back, and 3rd row head covers (not shown)

everything fits together using Velcro hook and loop which is included, pre-cut, ready to install. If you take your time, it is a 15 minute job. Fit and finish is top notch. I have a minor detail which I’m working out with Canvasback, and they have been very responsive by email, so happy with their customer service. Still debating on the black Toyota oem 3rd row seat covers as the final piece.

FA268A78-FBA9-4AA4-B5A0-FC48812006CF.jpeg

48B36C8B-65D2-4169-8773-4F834820CA6D.jpeg

A30063DD-5FE9-4A4A-9E47-11652D177C6B.jpeg

4042997B-D100-4579-90AD-75D11CAA5E49.jpeg

2A6148B7-B9CE-4EA4-89F8-03A270C5B548.jpeg

Last edited:
We have a set of Canvasback liners in my wife's Macan and I have been very impressed with them. As you mentioned the fit is superb and the cut is to OEM standard. I am planning on running a single ARB drawer so that I can still use one of the 3rd row seats and am curious if the liner is thin enough that I could still install a drawer without issue. I know Canvasback is actually fairly willing to do custom work, so I wonder what they'd charge me to basically split the entire liner down the middle if needed.

Like those liners a lot, do they also make covers for the 3rd row seats (when in folded position) in this same material?

Did you check the website?

We have a set of Canvasback liners in my wife's Macan and I have been very impressed with them. As you mentioned the fit is superb and the cut is to OEM standard. I am planning on running a single ARB drawer so that I can still use one of the 3rd row seats and am curious if the liner is thin enough that I could still install a drawer without issue. I know Canvasback is actually fairly willing to do custom work, so I wonder what they'd charge me to basically split the entire liner down the middle if needed.
I think it's thin enough for a drawer install. I still run the OEM plastic trunk mat with 3rd row seat leg cutouts and the fabric doesn't intrude its function.

Just be sure to ask them to do the d-ring slot cutouts as I believe the drawers tie down on them

Looks good. I had a set of Canvasback covers in an old Mercedes ML, and was very happy with them.

i have just the tailgate cover. it's $35 and is a nice complement to the 3rd Row Delete OEM cargo mat.

A buddy had the Canvasback liners in his 4Runner, and I had the bumper cover (equivalent to the tailgate cover) in my 4Runner. Canvasback doesn't make sets for the Heritage without third row seats, yet.

I did order the tailgate cover, which was supposed to arrive today, but apparently is stuck somewhere on the road due to weather delays. @DCOVIEL Does it attach okay with their Velcro pieces for the carpet? The web page says the LC's carpet doesn't work with Velcro, and they supply stick-on pieces. I confirmed their claim, as my 4Runner bumper cover wouldn't stick.

The web site also says the tailgate cover works to keep dog hair off of the carpet, even while closed, which implies it stays in place. Are there magnets to hold it in place? I could wait and find out myself, but I'm curious.

Thanks

A buddy had the Canvasback liners in his 4Runner, and I had the bumper cover (equivalent to the tailgate cover) in my 4Runner. Canvasback doesn't make sets for the Heritage without third row seats, yet.

I did order the tailgate cover, which was supposed to arrive today, but apparently is stuck somewhere on the road due to weather delays. @DCOVIEL Does it attach okay with their Velcro pieces for the carpet? The web page says the LC's carpet doesn't work with Velcro, and they supply stick-on pieces. I confirmed their claim, as my 4Runner bumper cover wouldn't stick.

The web site also says the tailgate cover works to keep dog hair off of the carpet, even while closed, which implies it stays in place. Are there magnets to hold it in place? I could wait and find out myself, but I'm curious.

Thanks
The stick on pieces hold the velcro in place.. holding good so far

Thanks
I've found that Canvasback is very accommodating when it comes to requests. They are a relatively small shop and everything is custom made (especially low volume items like the LC). I just ordered a liner, 3rd row cover, 2nd row seat backs, and tailgate cover this morning and wanted to do accent stitching to try to match the factory HE stitching. I'm not kidding when I say we went back and forth for about 8 e-mail with various pictures on their end and mine to try to narrow down what would be the closest match. My HE was ordered with the 3rd row option so I can use the standard liner, however, I feel there is a pretty good chance if you e-mailed them and told them yours did not and you did not need the cutouts for the seat mounts they would be willing to make it happen. It's less work for them, so I do not see why not.

Edit: It might be worthwhile to mention to them that it is a factory option to get the HE without the 3rd row. They may just be entirely unaware that such a trim exists and once you let them know they may update their site to reflect the 2-row only variants. The pattern should be the same, it's just a matter of not making the cutouts for the seat brackets

Last edited:
Definitely you need third row seat covers when they are in stored position. You can buy toyota set from JapanParts.com. Had them on my earlier LC. Never took them off in four years so that is why I have now HE without those seats.

Message sent to them. I also included a link to this thread. Thanks!
Are any of you in Minnesota? Canvasback is looking for a Heritage to test fit.

Steve,

We are aware of the 5 passenger Land Cruiser model (Heritage), but have had trouble finding it at our local dealerships as it flies off their floors immediately. Would you happen to be in Minnesota or know someone local to the area (Spring Park, MN) with a Land Cruiser? We would be happy to work on creating it, but we do not currently have access to one to custom fit.

If not, I will file your name with the list of inquiries for this model so you may be notified when it becomes available!

Best,
Cameron

Canvasback, Inc.
4144 Shoreline Dr. Ste D
Spring Park, MN 55384
952-426-9490 Office
www.canvasback.com

Well dang, I was hoping they'd be able to do it for you pretty easily. I can understand their concern about not wanting to put a cargo liner out into the world without it being tested though--I'm sure they want to guarantee satisfaction before being willing to sell it.

Well dang, I was hoping they'd be able to do it for you pretty easily. I can understand their concern about not wanting to put a cargo liner out into the world without it being tested though--I'm sure they want to guarantee satisfaction before being willing to sell it.
The only issue should be working out what material needs to be added (or better stated, not cut out) to take up the space the seats normally occupy on the sides of the floor when in the stowed position. From the pictures on their site, it looks like their covers go all around the base of the seats. Assuming that's the case, they just need to fill in the cutout areas with material (or more accurately don't cut them out). For the center area, they obviously just need to omit a few cutouts for where the seat brackets attach to the floor when they're folded down for use and then offer the option for access to the 4 factory tie down loops (which is already an option).

Worst case, a small part of the edge might not be quite a perfect fit. Perhaps they could take a stab at it and offer someone a 25% discount or something to be the test pilot and go from there if they can't get access to a HE. Even if it's not perfect on the first try, it would certainly be really, really close.

I just ordered a liner, 3rd row cover, 2nd row seat backs, and tailgate cover this morning and wanted to do accent stitching to try to match the factory HE stitching. I'm not kidding when I say we went back and forth for about 8 e-mail with various pictures on their end and mine to try to narrow down what would be the closest match.

looks like you started something!

9B2C38B7-A621-4551-BFF7-5C697D2D8F41.png

They have a “tailgate” piece and a “back hatch” piece.

Does anyone know if the tailgate piece stays put as you open and close the tailgate? It would have to fold with the plastic piece that covers the gap between tailgate and cargo area. Trying to decide between the two pieces and feel the tailgate piece would keep dog hair from getting under the back edge of the cargo liner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom