Canadain fj45 mine truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg
image.jpg
So my buddy tells me he's getting a free fixed top fj45 mine truck. Then this shows up. Looks to be an lv cut in half
No? I haven't had a chance to look at it myself yet but is it possible Toyota offered Gifu cab and chassis models? Could be something cool?

Dan

That is indeed a cut down lv wagon. Toyota never offered such a rig.Nice factory pto!
So the story is there were 9 of them. 8 were in the mine and this was the bosses truck with valid vins and licensed for the road. Now I wonder what the other ones were!

I always wondered what a 45 LV ute would look like.

Looks like a cut down LV to me too. It appears there is a hole for the tail light bucket in the rear drivers corner.

gas engine, everyone would be dead. This is someones home project.

what a first generation canadian mine truck looks like. Has Nissan diesel.

ens old.jpg

It's not the first I've heard of LV's being used at mines. There is a fellow near Vancouver who's got one, it was his wife Dad's, who was a geologist for a mine and apparently they had a number of them. They were all grey. My lv was grey when I got it at Black creek, Vancouver Island in 1978 and I looked at 2 others last year in Comox that were grey as well. So your buddy's may originaly have come from a mine and then some one else hacked it after it was sold off??

It's not the first I've heard of LV's being used at mines. There is a fellow near Vancouver who's got one, it was his wife Dad's, who was a geologist for a mine and apparently they had a number of them. They were all grey. My lv was grey when I got it at Black creek, Vancouver Island in 1978 and I looked at 2 others last year in Comox that were grey as well. So your buddy's may originaly have come from a mine and then some one else hacked it after it was sold off??
It's possible. I went and looked at it today and it is forsure an lv cut and spliced back together. Sad thing is the body is in terrible shape. Unfortunately not worth fixing. Did you buy the 2 lvs in comox?? I called that add 100 times to try and get the trucks with no response.

It's possible. I went and looked at it today and it is forsure an lv cut and spliced back together. Sad thing is the body is in terrible shape. Unfortunately not worth fixing. Did you buy the 2 lvs in comox?? I called that add 100 times to try and get the trucks with no response.
I didn't take them.If they were like they looked in the pictures they would be in my back yard now but it was a little deceiving, they were really rotten, in the one A & B pillars were so bad that if you tried to open a door the roof would have come down. The pictures on the ad were from when he brought them home 15 years earlier. I was pretty dissappointed. Plus with all the responses he got he decided he wasn't asking enough and doubled the price!!

That's too bad. I hope someone is doing something with them though...

So just as I though..... my buddy did nothing with this. It has been in a garage for the last 2 years. Hes into it for a 500$ tow bill. What would you pay???

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom