Can anyone identify this wheel / hub assembly? (2004 LC) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I recently bought a 2004 Land Cruiser and was having some problems with the car shaking at about 60mph+.
I had the tires balanced twice, but it wouldn't fix the problem. Another mechanic realized that the previous owner had spacers mounted on the wheels, which then I had removed. It took care of the problem! However, once the spacers were removed, I couldn't fit the ornamental center hub caps back on on the front wheels, as the grease caps stick out too much. The mechanic told me that either the wheel assemblies and/or the wheels are after market.

Can anyone identify, if either the wheel or the wheel hub assembly isn't original? I would like to restore everything back to original - if possible.

Below, you will find photos of the front tire without the ornamental center hub caps (with the brass colored grease cap sticking out), and a photo of the back rim, with the hub cap put on.

Thanks!

Photo Aug 06, 14 02 28.jpg

Photo Aug 06, 14 02 50.jpg

Photo Aug 06, 14 03 34.jpg

Hi,
I recently bought a 2004 Land Cruiser and was having some problems with the car shaking at about 60mph+.
I had the tires balanced twice, but it wouldn't fix the problem. Another mechanic realized that the previous owner had spacers mounted on the wheels, which then I had removed. It took care of the problem! However, once the spacers were removed, I couldn't fit the ornamental center hub caps back on on the front wheels, as the grease caps stick out too much. The mechanic told me that either the wheel assemblies and/or the wheels are after market.

Can anyone identify, if either the wheel or the wheel hub assembly isn't original? I would like to restore everything back to original - if possible.

Below, you will find photos of the front tire without the ornamental center hub caps (with the brass colored grease cap sticking out), and a photo of the back rim, with the hub cap put on.

Thanks!

View attachment 2051286

View attachment 2051287

View attachment 2051288
That’s an oem Tundra wheel.

Aha! Many thanks. Two questions:

1.)
Is there a different wheel cap that I could buy, that would fit over the grease cap?
(I'd much rather adjust the plastic part, then start grinding away on the actual assembly).

2.)
Would anyone know where I might find a used set of original 2004 Toyota LC wheels?
(I'm a purist, and would much rather keep everything original ;)

1.) There is a different size grease cap that one member put on to improve clearance. Unfortunately I don't know the part number. Others have drilled a hole in the plastic to allow the grease cap to protrude beyond the wheel cap (plastic part). Others have adjusted the grease cap by hammering it flatter, to improve clearance.

2.) Check the local buy and sell sites. Also, ih8mud classifieds. You live near an urban area, so you might be able to find some 18" LC wheels promptly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom