Can anyone help me name this part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to do a sniper install using the Mosley motors kit and noticed this part is broken. I am at a loss for what it's called and all the Mosley photos don't show it as being there. Can someone identify it? Also, is it supposed to be deleted as part of the install?

Thanks

I am trying to do a sniper install using the Mosley motors kit and noticed this part is broken. I am at a loss for what it's called and all the Mosley photos don't show it as being there. Can someone identify it? Also, is it supposed to be deleted as part of the install?

Thanks

IMG_20230415_165507_01.jpg

IMG_20230415_165312_01.jpg

Air rail. It’s smog part. Companies on mud sell plugs for it once removed

Toss it if you don’t need to smog! Simpler and cleaner engine bay to boot!

Start squirting those 'Unions', the bits that are threaded into the head and the Air Rail attachments NOW with a good rust penetrant, like Kroil, Blaster, Liquid Wrench, etc. Spray a few times a day for at least a few days. When you wet the unions, tap lightly with a hammer to set up vibrations and capillary action to bust the rust on those unions. Last thing you want is one of those to bust off in the head.

Also, if you can manage to remove the Air Rail without damage, you can sell it. Hard to find intact, these days.

The plugs that OSS shows above, thread into the holes left when you remove the Nipple (Union). You can sell the undamaged air rail to pay for the plugs as they're about $8 each, now.

Good luck.

before I knew about the Toyota plugs, I used 3/8" or 5/16", can't remember which size right now, brass plugs from my local Ace hardware used red locktite on them and screwed them in. never had an issue with one not holding.
get the ones with an allen not the screwdriver slot.

X2 on selling the air rail as the check valve can be replaced, it is the same one that is on the tube coming up from the exhaust.
use 2 wrenches on the unions as the little tubes will twist and break off

Ok, so I notice an air hose running over the air rail at the broken valve end. BTW air rail is slang for what OSS already mentioned is actually the "air injection manifold". SO.....
you should really educate yourself on removing and plugging the hoses going to your air cleaner and removing the smog pump and the ABV/ASV or air valving on the drivers side inner fender. Really a partial or complete desmog is in order and there is a wealth of info here on this forum as to how to desmog. It can be an overwhelming amount of info. To partially desmog you can keep the EGR valve and the associated vacuum lines and valving that operate it along with keeping the EGR exhaust piping and piping going to the intake from the EGR/PCV. If you decide to remove the EGR and it's valving you will also need to plug the exhaust/intake and re-adjust the carb and the dissy.

Y'all have provided some amazing info, I am definitely in over my head but trying to get my ducks in a row as I wait for the plugs to arrive. I am doing the sniper EFI from Mosley so I know some desmog is going to happen. The amount of info on here is amazing but often conflicting on what to keep/remove.

Y'all have provided some amazing info, I am definitely in over my head but trying to get my ducks in a row as I wait for the plugs to arrive. I am doing the sniper EFI from Mosley so I know some desmog is going to happen. The amount of info on here is amazing but often conflicting on what to keep/remove.

i would start by getting all the ducks that sat in a row along your valve cover and nested all in your air rail there ,

you need some moth-balls , and some OEM TOYOTA Spring Traps in that engine bay ....

i can clearly see the little black crumbs this fellow left for you , and that's not good at all !

rat-wire-1024x66811.jpg1.png

i would start by getting all the ducks that sat in a row along your valve cover and nested all in your air rail there ,

you need some moth-balls , and some OEM TOYOTA Spring Traps in that engine bay ....

i can clearly see the little black crumbs this fellow left for you , and that's not good at all !

View attachment 3300245
Hahahaha yeah I had to go in with a shop back 10 or 15! Times. Thankfully they didn't get any wires. Got the thing stuffed with dryer sheets now

Hahahaha yeah I had to go in with a shop back 10 or 15! Times. Thankfully they didn't get any wires. Got the thing stuffed with dryer sheets now

i did use to creative satire dry humor when crafting that JDM mouse going at it above on those poor SUMITOMO 's wires there ..

but that was the point , to grab your attn. because they can be very very destructive both in a Engine bay , and then those little bastards

will decide your air intake starting point is a nice place to burro further in because there is a giant pot of COTTON air filter media at the end of there rainbow ..

your HVAC intake is also prime entry point , and then you power up your 87104-90A00 , and you have the walking dead Apocalypse ODOR in the heat of the summer , no person wants ...

- lastly , give a solid lookie lookie see and also a good tug around on this to make certain it is still 100% SOLID , a pregnant lassie field mouse can absolutely wiggle herself through a compromised ORANGE 78199-90352 / 78199-90353 accelerator pedal boot , then it's up under one of the front seats deep intro the seat foam , to start a new host of problems you don,t want to imagine

- your dryer sheets are a great idea , for inside the cab of your 60 , BUT ....

- use the best possible deterring under the hood , MOTH BALLS !

- it's the only way ....

i have seen my share of mice infiltrate many a TOYOTA :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom