Camping Fireplace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Heading out to Canyonlands in about a month and I'm doing some back country camping. For the times that I'll be in Island in the Sky and Needles (and not BLM), the only downside is no ground fires. I was hoping to buy this mitigation from Equipt, if only for a charcoal fire for cooking, but they've been out of stock for a bit.

This looks like a knock-off that might work. Anyone familiar with it or other alternatives?

I already have one of these so if it's compatible, all the better.

Heading out to Canyonlands in about a month and I'm doing some back country camping. For the times that I'll be in Island in the Sky and Needles (and not BLM), the only downside is no ground fires. I was hoping to buy this mitigation from Equipt, if only for a charcoal fire for cooking, but they've been out of stock for a bit.

This looks like a knock-off that might work. Anyone familiar with it or other alternatives?

I already have one of these so if it's compatible, all the better.
The first 2 are both Snow Peak. Same item.

Looks like the grill is more than ample in size to cover even the large fireplace, but it would have to sit on the fireplace instead of its legs. I doubt that would be an issue.

Odd - I noticed that the stowed height of the medium is 2.75" while stowed height of the large size is 1.7" and small is 1". This must be a typo. If for some reason the medium is actually contructed differently, I'd be inclined to get the large just for the thinner packing height. I suspect that's unlikely though.

I use a small Camp Chef fire pit...comes in a storage bag with la variety rocks, hose,etc. Not quite as nice as a Campfire in a Can, but does the job.

No drama, a bit bulky, but nice effect. I get 3 nights out of a 10 lb cylinder.

Torq- The regs for Canyonlands prohibit any wood fires- whether on the ground or in a firepan/fireplace. FYI.
Unless I misunderstood the park ranger, cooking with charcoal is allowed as long as the ashes are packed out and I don't have a ground fire. Does that sounds right?

Lazy Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-58031-C...440035285&sr=8-1&keywords=little+red+campfire

Are you strictly looking for cooking, or also also nighttime enjoyment? You mention, "fireplace" in thread topic, but show the SnowPeak.

The FR rack would no doubt work on the above, might have to McGiver taller legs via rocks.

The past couple of years I've gone to Canyonlands with friends, they have brought their LRCampfires and we've really enjoyed them. Bought one myself this year to use both with the 80 and our RV.

At first I scoffed. But they are so easy to manage and you don't wake up smelling, along with your tent/bedding, like smoke. I have the propane anyway to power my Cook Partner stove and as long as you don't crank the thing way up, the gas goes a long way.

CAMPFIREINACAN for the win. Got mine going as I type. Thing rocks, comes to all my outdoor events/camping.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440037351.917304.jpg

Unless I misunderstood the park ranger, cooking with charcoal is allowed as long as the ashes are packed out and I don't have a ground fire. Does that sounds right?
Yes- that's what we have done in the past. The way I understand the NPS logic is that there are no wood burning fires allowed so people don't use the wood in the parks- we've all seen what happens when people are too lazy to bring their own fire wood in and chop trees down and limbs off(trees).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom