Buying/Selling/Trading thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all, new to FJ40 ownership, ih8mud and FLLCA. I recently purchased a 1966 FJ40 in TN and brought her home to the beaches of FL. I would like to do a mini truck power steering conversion but cannot find a 79-85 4wd steering gear box anywhere. The couple I found were ridiculously priced because I don't have a core. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Hobbes,

Already messaging with Kevo but he is out of stock right now. will try Mel too. Appreciate the lead.

Bill S - IRB, FL

Anybody need wheels and tires? I have a set of ION wheels with 35's on them. For a local cruiser person id let them go CHEAP.
They are in Wesley Chapel.
wheels.jpg

I have a passenger side Toyota emblem on my 40 and I need to get one for the driver side instead. Anyone have one they want to trade? Mine is mounted on the Cruiser by PO but essentially like new.

Selling a set of 4 wheels and 4 tires. The PO had these on the 40 to move around during restoration. They do not fit as they rub against the tie rod ends and so I am selling them and buying OEM wheels. No history on wheels or tires other they appear to be in excellent condition. One of the wheels has some surface rust on the inside that could be knocked off with a wire wheel and repainted. The tires are BF Goodrich 31x10.50R Long Trail Radial T/A and look to run about $180 each retail. The wheels are 15" with 6 lug pattern at 5.5" spacing and 4" Backspacing. I have them posted on CL at 4WD Wheels & tires for sale and will work a deal for a Mud member.

IMG_20190907_151828.jpg

IMG_20190907_151837.jpg

Selling a set of 4 wheels and 4 tires. The PO had these on the 40 to move around during restoration. They do not fit as they rub against the tie rod ends and so I am selling them and buying OEM wheels. No history on wheels or tires other they appear to be in excellent condition. One of the wheels has some surface rust on the inside that could be knocked off with a wire wheel and repainted. The tires are BF Goodrich 31x10.50R Long Trail Radial T/A and look to run about $180 each retail. The wheels are 15" with 6 lug pattern at 5.5" spacing and 4" Backspacing. I have them posted on CL at 4WD Wheels & tires for sale and will work a deal for a Mud member.

View attachment 2078866
View attachment 2078870
SOLD

Not really Cruiser related but is IRB - Indian Rocks Beach? Lived there as a child back in the early 80's on the North side of Windrush Cove on the canal. Great town, just looked and can't believe Pajano's is still there. Imagine vacant places have changed and the Pier is gone, but not much different than over 35 years ago.

Bill.

Thanks Hobbes,

Already messaging with Kevo but he is out of stock right now. will try Mel too. Appreciate the lead.

Bill S - IRB, FL

Not really Cruiser related but is IRB - Indian Rocks Beach? Lived there as a child back in the early 80's on the North side of Windrush Cove on the canal. Great town, just looked and can't believe Pajano's is still there. Imagine vacant places have changed and the Pier is gone, but not much different than over 35 years ago.

Bill.
Yes IRB is Indian Rocks Beach. In some ways it has changed a lot, but in others, not so much. There is a strong effort from the community not to lose our small Beach town feel for large condos and over commercialization. It is a great place to live. We live on a cove on the northernmost finger with views of the Belleair Causeway. Let me know if you are ever heading this way.

Bill

If anybody sees a UZJ-100 in a yard or getting parted out with a good hood, let me know. I needs a new hood for the 105, mine's tweaked a little.

I have a spare set of axle shafts for the rear of a full float fzj80. Would do 80 each plus ride or pick up for someone local.

If anybody sees a UZJ-100 in a yard or getting parted out with a good hood, let me know. I needs a new hood for the 105, mine's tweaked a little.
Link to your 105....

gd6912G.jpg

Selling this brush guard as I am going with an ARB bumper. These are getting harder to find so, I would like it to go to a good home. I can dissemble and ship via Fastenal on the buyers dime. Shouldn't be too much depending on the location. Or available for local pick-up in Jacksonville, FL
SOLD

Last edited:
Looking for horn components for early 40 steering wheel. Anyone have some spares they are willing to part with. I am looking for #2 , 3 and 4 but #3 in particular. Thanks.
1575556697408.png

Bill - IRB, FL

anyone have oem 16s or 16 rims for 100 series? im looking to get rid of my 18s and go 16s.
I have a set of 16 inch wheels off a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road I would be willing to part with if you are still interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom