buying lx450 1997 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not like your ugly junk, more like my daughter Sarah's Truck:D
141.jpg

Not like your ugly junk, more like my daughter Sarah's Truck:D

I guess it could be worse, like that nasty, vile green!:D

In my case, the HG was done at local Toyota (not Lexus) dealer. I don't think you will ever find any record at Lexus.

what is the link to run the VIN through Lexus to get the history?

what is the link to run the VIN through Lexus to get the history?

You drive to your local Lexus dealer, seek out a service representative, explain what you are doing and why you want the maintenance history on a vehicle that does not belong to you. If you are convincing and very courteous, they might give you a printout of the maintenance history. Understand that they are busy with paying customers so be nice.

-B-

I would buy that truck. Just be prepared (as mentioned repeatedly on Mud) that you'll spend plenty of money baselining and maintaining your truck. It's a labor of love and all of the info and support you need is here. For all it's great qualities, I think this site fosters a bit of headgasket paranoia. Do the simple bubble test before you buy it cause it will give you some peace of mind. Otherwise, go for it- you'll love the truck and if the headgasket blows, who cares - just fix it and rest assured that you'll have another 20 years on that engine.

Tools is right - not many in AZ that I know of have had to change the headgasket. I'd only be careful since he just bought it and now wants to sell it. A red flag for me. If he will allow you to take it to your mechanic or pay the dealer to do a once over, then you should. Dont expect it to be perfect but they would be able to give you a picture of where you stand with it. I he refuses to let you take it to be checked out, there is a reason for it ~ Run!
Other than that, that is a nice looking ride. Now install some J's and slap on some 37's and you'd be truckin'! :bounce:

Rev the engine - have someone look in the overflow to see if it is making bubbles.

If the overflow looks like this one - run!
Image1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom