Buying a 2014+ Luxury? Premium? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
Hey guys... I wandered over from the 100 forum. Man, all the options and trim levels on the GX460 make the 100 seem comically simple - there was one trim level and one option: AHC or no ACH. I'm trying to decide between the Luxury and Premium trim level... I think.

I'm keeping my 100 and thinking a '14-16 460 would be the ideal next SUV for my wife. It will be a total soccer mom car (no seriously, our daughter plays soccer). But, I'm not ruling out some mods down the road. My wife usually rolls her eyes when I mention mods to even my truck. But, when I showed her the 460 on MetalTech's site - the new bumper, I actually got a bit of an eyebrow-raise... ;)

I don't want to regret getting or not getting some option/trim level - much like finding a non-ACH when I bought my 100.

Sorry if this is a horse that you guys are tired of beating. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm in a similar spot. While the AHC would be nice, it also gets tossed when you upgrade the suspension. Even though I tow occasionally, the AHC isn't very valuable to me, personally, given that I plan up upgrade the suspension.

Strange as it sounds, I find three zone AC and the the heated steering wheel more important lux features. Adaptive cruise would be nice as well, but it's absurdly rare.

Bottom line is read what each trim level has and what's its value is to you/your wife. Personally, on my 2013, I only wanted a 2013 so I could add steel bumpers and winch AND Premium because of the 3 climate zones, rear heated seats and some of the other features. I wanted them, I use them, I'm glad I researched them before buying my GX.

Just a couple penny's worth of personal opinion.

Mark-

We just bought a 2016 GX Lux- for the Mrs. to drive. No plans to mod it........

Ping me or call if you have questions or want feedback.

In the end... I could not convince my wife she wanted a GX460. Looks like we have to (gulp) stray from the Toyota/Lexus family for this one.

Thanks for all the input!

Fare well brother and may the good Lord be with you! You'll need it if you stray from a Toyota product!!:hillbilly:
Too bad your wife hasn't seen the light. She's being swayed by those heathens in shinny paint with all their flashy, worldly, material and sinful ways!

Is there time to still save her???? Or has she slipped to the dark side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom