Bulletproofing the backseat (for kids) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick q for those hauling kids -

Anybody find a great seat cover/solution that they would recommend?

I have carseat/booster seats leaving tattoos on my backseat, and I need a better solution.

I'm considering buying a dog cover and cutting holes for corresponding seat belts, but wondering if anybody has blazed this trail and has wisdom to share.

Thanks

IMG_1442.JPG
IMG_1444.JPG
IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG

I used to just put a folded bath towel under the seats. That worked fine for me. No damage to the seats.

The kids are going to make a mess back there no matter what you do. Before you know it they won't need the booster seats anymore.

Last edited:
I use a towel under ours and just regularly clean the gunk out. The seats are still in great shape considering the age. Everyone says the middle row is the most comfortable spot in the truck.

^^^ x2 Prince Lionheart Seat protectors.

Gee. I guess I'm a complete A**. When I agreed to take in my girlfriends 3 grandchildren 9 years ago, I set the rule that there was no eating or drinking in my vehicles. My cars have remained relatively clean and stain-free while her cars have always been encrusted with a layer of spilled fruit juices and snacks. They have all reached the age now where I will let them have drinks in the car but there is still no eating. I never had a problem with the car seats leaving a mark on my leather but then again, the leather in my 99 LC is a little stiff from heat damage.

I use a heavy moving blanket that hangs via holes punched in it from the three headrests. Holes and a slit cut for seatbelts. It's folded under itself in the seat area for fitment. I then use carefully folded and taped multiple layers of cardboard under each carseat to prevent stretching of the leather. Cheap, easy, washable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom