Bulletproofing my 07, recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just purchased my 7th cruiser, my 2nd 100. 07 with 140k. TB/WP done. I have ordered heater T replacements. Will replace the ABS assembly. Radiator has been replaced. All rust surface) has been media blasted and addressed. Is there any other recommendations to do? Id like to double the miles or more with ease. Anything I’m missing? I’ve looked through the search and FAQs and didn’t see a consolidated list of recommendation, but I apologize if this has been asked prior.

Drive it. Keep moving parts polished and seals lubricated from use rather than sitting unused and rotting.

I see brake lines mentioned a lot here...especially the areas tucked up and away. Bought mine about a month ago, still need to check mine.

Search 90k service and 180k service for the punch list

Flush and replace the brake fluid and AHC. They turn corrosive with age and keeping them fresh will keep the brake booster and AHC working. AHC globes are cheap and easy, if I was doing it over again I would have done AHC globes way sooner because they are so easy. Also change PS fluid for same reasons. Grease driveshafts.

Same about the Kevlar!

Same here, though there are the rarely seen UN spec model that is bullet and small IED proof.

I've read somewhere long time ago that some countries did modify lots of 100 series into high grade bullet-proof vehicles. They used the 70 series and Hilux for military/combat trucks, and 100 for transporting leaders/VIPs. They couldn't use 200 series because of embargo etc. They couldn't use 80 series either because the engine wasn't strong enough to carry the extra weight 😂

I've read somewhere long time ago that some countries did modify lots of 100 series into high grade bullet-proof vehicles. They used the 70 series and Hilux for military/combat trucks, and 100 for transporting leaders/VIPs. They couldn't use 200 series because of embargo etc.
Our country does this in Columbus, Ohio. Batelle Labs fits 70 series with armor for service overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom