Broke cable unsure how to repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image-4246852785.jpg

As you can see this cable broke that went to battery from this fuse box. Does anyone know how to remove this cable? It feeds in the bottom of the box but I can figure out if it's just a spade connector and I need to disconnect it or if it is more involved in replacing it.

image-4246852785.jpg

The 80 amp main fuse and empty space are held in there with a clip on each side. Open the clips and it comes out. Iirc, it pushes out the bottom.

Once out the cables are held on with bolts. Be sure to remember which cables go where.

Thanks for the info...

So I got the block out but the white wire that you see in my picture is not bolted to it. It is crimped on ? So how can I go about replacing this?

Does Toyota sell the whole block as one piece with the wire?

Totally spaces on that. I warmed my up and bent it out. Took out the wire and then soldered it all together again. Do you have any wire hanging off the plate? though not really correct, you could splice the two together.

Yes I do have wire coming off the plate. I could splice it but would rather do it the right way.

I took a propane torch and heated it until I could pry it open. Dropped in wire, bent them back and beat them tight then smothered it in solder.

It's a fusible link. It shouldn't be repaired it should be replaced. Last i checked Toyota stopped selling these.

It is possible to repair it but there will be resistance there and its not recommended.

But again options are limited now

I replaced mine with 4ga cable years ago. I don't have any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom