Breakfast on me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesterday's Waffle House breakfast was delicious. Eggs over easy, bacon, sausage,hashbrowns w/ onions,
toast and milk.
Then the wife and I dropped by Hap's speed shop ,Acme Speed Shop.
After a few minutes we started out to the shop and I never made it.
Sudden pain in stomach and loss of focus.
I was going down. Got back to the office chair with wife's assistance.
Head in lap, loosened belt, un-snapped the jeans. Cold wet towel on neck.
Took a sip of Vitawater and next thing I know.....WTH....I came to with breakfast on me.
That, my friends, is some freaky trip.
Lost conscience for several minutes according to Hap and wife.
Just spewed breakfast and ...according to Hap...turned white. He picked up a piece of paper and said
"This was your face when you were out!"
Went all Zombie...white and drooling vomit.
I feel lucky to be alive.
Thank God I returned to the world in time to stop Hap who was on the phone to 911.
WHEW! I got Cadillac insurance but that trip would have cost some serious dough.
15 minutes later I'm in the car headed home. Tired from arguing with the wife and Hap about the hospital.
Man....I feel bad for them. Their faces when I came to is something I'll never forget. Hap called it freaky. Wife was dang near in shock.
Family doctor saw me in the afternoon. By then I'd eaten a Hoagie sub and some orzo.
:hillbilly:
ALL test results, blood work etc. were remarkably normal but excellent.
Best guess from smarter people than me : Food poisoned.
No more eggs over easy for me. I'm still weak but every second feels like improvement from the last one.
Amazing that I can still feel the empty this created. I can't stop eating and drinking.
Glad I got a few days off.
Thank you God. Thank you Lynn and Hap!
Crazy.:eek:
Wife says she'll never forget the look on my face either.

Glad your ok Gundy...which WH was it so we can avoid it

Glad your ok Gundy...which WH was it so we can avoid it

It was my favorite one. Sucks big time. I'll not be able to eat there again.
Like Wendy's. Miss that too. Got poisoned back in the 70s. Haven't eaten there since.
Lynn and I both passed out from the Wendy's burger.
It was the WH near 25 and 183.
Always great food. Loved the place. Sucks. It is dead to me now.
:eek:

Feeling fine now. Grilled chicken shish-k-bobs tonite. Shot of Turkey. I'm back and good to go.
:hillbilly:

I'm telling ya if that chit can't kill me then they better bring a stake next time.
:grinpimp:

The plot thickens

Check this out. More details as I can, when I can...
Waffle House better watch their 6.

Tetrahydrozoline is a form of a medicine called imidazoline, which is found in over-the-counter eye drops and nasal sprays. Tetrahydrozoline poisoning occurs when someone accidentally or intentionally swallows this product.

This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Reference from A.D.A.M.
Back to TopAlternative Names

Murine; Visine
Back to TopPoisonous Ingredient

Tetrahydrozoline

Back to TopWhere Found

Tetrahydrozoline is sold under the following brand names:

Eyesine
Geneye
Murine Tears Plus
Optigene 3
Tyzine
Visine Original and Advanced Relief

Note: This list may not be all-inclusive.
Back to TopSymptoms

Airways and lungs
Difficulty breathing
No breathing
Eyes and skin
Blurred vision
Blue lips and fingernails
Change in pupil size
Heart
High blood pressure (at first)
Low blood pressure (later)
Rapid heartbeat
Stomach and intestines
Nausea
Vomiting
Nervous system
Coma
Headache
Irritability
Nervousness
Tremors
Seizures
Other
Low body temperature

I've head that some regular ole eye drops in food gives you the fits. Do you think that's what you got?

The above symptoms are for Visine poisoning. Goggle "Visine poisoning".
UNREAL. Yep the Visine you can buy at a 7-11 or anywhere.
Odorless,colorless,tasteless. NASTY results.
I batted a 1000 on the symptoms.
Notice NO diarrhea...dead give away. Hell I even had the coma!
I may have a disgruntled employee/ witness from WH.
Stay tuned. I'm gathering the facts now.

Yeah, that sucks you had to experience that. I've heard of Visine poisoning before. . . usually a pissed off server that pulls that sort of trick. Sue their pants off law man!:flipoff2:

Gundy said:
The above symptoms are for Visine poisoning. Goggle "Visine poisoning".
UNREAL. Yep the Visine you can buy at a 7-11 or anywhere.
Odorless,colorless,tasteless. NASTY results.
I batted a 1000 on the symptoms.
Notice NO diarrhea...dead give away. Hell I even had the coma!
I may have a disgruntled employee/ witness from WH.
Stay tuned. I'm gathering the facts now.

Go get 'em!

Yup from your description alone I would deduce it was food toxic reaction, not the eggs Eggs cause a food infection and you get sick over days not immediately. Because the bacteria in food infection have to have time to multiply to make you sick, however in a food toxic reaction that's way quicker like you described and once you get it out of your system, and from you description it was projectile in nature you started getting better right away. Finally somethin on this board that really is in my line of Work. Glad you are doing better, Doc:)

Yup from your description alone I would deduce it was food toxic reaction, not the eggs Eggs cause a food infection and you get sick over days not immediately. Because the bacteria in food infection have to have time to multiply to make you sick, however in a food toxic reaction that's way quicker like you described and once you get it out of your system, and from you description it was projectile in nature you started getting better right away. Finally somethin on this board that really is in my line of Work. Glad you are doing better, Doc:)

DHEC informed me they were making a surprise inspection at the WH and hinted this isn't an isolated event.
I will need to file my FOI request this week when the report is finished.
Law enforcement in Greenville were NO help. Detective told me it was not a crime, just a practical
joke. When I suggested they at least make a report of my call I was told "There won't be ANY report made!"
and then they hung up on me.
I have a reluctant witness/employee who saw and heard the staff laughing about Visine and when
the employee reported this to management they warned others to stop but took no further action.
The plot thickens.

I see a name change in the future...Gundy House!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom