brakes lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Am rebuilding my '95 fj80 and I am wondering what ya'll using for your brake lines. Was thinking about stainless. Looked at Slee but no joy.

Yeah they used to be in my backyard, but have slowly fallen away. They only on line now?

It mentions enlarging the tab holes. Can you comment on that?

Yeah they used to be in my backyard, but have slowly fallen away. They only on line now?

It mentions enlarging the tab holes. Can you comment on that?
I think I only had to enlarge the rear (not on the caliper). It only needs to be a pinch bigger.

The website says for fzjs without abs. Anyone with abs tired this kit?
I believe mine was ABS. I bought it from them a yr or so ago.

I've bought these and use them. No complaints.

Some people have had problems with Man a Fre but I've ordered multiple things from them and everything has been good.
That website looks suspiciously familiar...
BTB Land Cruiser restoration parts
I thought Man-a-Fre was out of business.

As far as stainless hoses are concerned, meh. IMHO, it's like inner braided Tygon for coolant lines. If you have no other use for your money, why not? The rubber OEM hoses are much cheaper, and guaranteed. These aren't.

Now, if you want to talk about stainless steel brake lines, that's another topic entirely...

@White Sheep, not picking, you understand. I mean to treply to the OP's post and fat fingered you instead ;)

As far as stainless hoses are concerned, meh. IMHO, it's like inner braided Tygon for coolant lines. If you have no other use for your money, why not? The rubber OEM hoses are much cheaper, and guaranteed. These aren't.

Now, if you want to talk about stainless steel brake lines, that's another topic entirely...

@White Sheep, not picking, you understand. I mean to treply to the OP's post and fat fingered you instead ;)
@Malleus no harm no foul. I am pretty junior in this game and could always use a schooling.

We did have this discussion before when someone was asking about braided brake lines.

Post in thread 'Braided break lines' Braided break lines - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/braided-break-lines.1245917/post-13735804

Just options and opinions from other MUD members.

Get a Sienna for kid hauling duties and keep the 80. I have 4 kids and we couldn't live without a minivan.

What's the price on the Excursion? I was looking at them as well last year and settled on a GMT800 Suburban 2500 for towing with the whole family. The Suburbans (long story) I bought, one 8.1, one 6.0 were both half what a comparable 7.3 or 6.0 PS Excursions were going for.
Well, that confirms that... I just ordered a windshield washer bottle form BTB and Man-a-Fre sent me an invoice. They need someone to straighten out their identities.

Ignore that quote above me...I fat fingered something. Somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom