Brake Vacuum Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all!

Just wanted to share my solution when getting weak vacuum recovery on multiple brake applications. Especially when upgraded to a dual diaphragm brake booster.
20220424_152905.jpg

The solution is based on a standard vacuum pump and is using both vacuum chambers in the reservoir tank. It keeps the low vacuum pressure warning if installed.

Link the brake booster vacuum hose with a Y or a T connection to the clutch booster and get more recovery vacuum pressure.

(Edit: This give no protection if clutch vacuum line is punctured but gives brake warning indicating in case it happens)

Now I get 10 applications instead of 2 when at idle👍

Last edited:
Hi all!

Just wanted to share my solution when getting weak vacuum recovery on multiple brake applications. Especially when upgraded to a dual diaphragm brake booster.
View attachment 2990656
The solution is based on a standard vacuum pump and is using both vacuum chambers in the reservoir tank. It keeps the low vacuum pressure warning if installed.

Link the brake booster vacuum hose with a Y or a T connection to the clutch booster and get more recovery vacuum pressure.

(Edit: This give no protection if clutch vacuum line is punctured but gives brake warning indicating in case it happens)

Now I get 10 applications instead of 2 when at idle👍
Hi, what dual brake booster did you install? Which supplier/type? Many thanks

Interesting thinking.. had you considered a large reservoir, say from an HJ47?

Hi, what dual brake booster did you install? Which supplier/type? Many thanks
Hey! Sorry I lost my notification on IH8MUD.
I used Terrain Tamer dual brake booster. Fits right on

Interesting thinking.. had you considered a large reservoir, say from an HJ47?
Sorry for late reply here as well. I didn’t because I wanted to test the stock reservoir and I was pleased with the setup. A bigger reservoir would basically solve the same problem👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom