Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay, I'll bite. How are those cases fastened to the rack? Guessing it's something that sits in the track in the crossbars but heck if I can tell from the pics.
Using the same fasteners he used to put the parts together. Similar the KISS drawer systems as well. T-nuts slide in to the top rails and the bolt in to the with a big washer to distribute the holding force.

I just assumed they had not yet been tied down

So you drilled through the cases?

Yes, drill through and then silicone the opening.

New install today

20190321_113923.jpg

20190321_114734.jpg

20190321_130658.jpg
20190321_161345.jpg

I second this. I got one of the canoe rollers for my 80 series rack with interchangeable spacers to use it on my 60 series as well which I'm just installing. I've had it on the 80 for about six weeks and it really helps when loading both canoes AND roof top boxes solo. Once I got some spray silicond and figured it all out it's "slicker than owl sh##" as my daddy used to say.

I second this. I got one of the canoe rollers for my 80 series rack with interchangeable spacers to use it on my 60 series as well which I'm just installing. I've had it on the 80 for about six weeks and it really helps when loading both canoes AND roof top boxes solo. Once I got some spray silicond and figured it all out it's "slicker than owl sh##" as my daddy used to say.

If i could just get him to actually make some of the rollers id have one also

they are worth the wait. I actually think he made just a few for some of his earliest customers to sort of beta test them. also it's just an add-on and I think that Patrick has more actual rack orders than he ever expected. This was my first time getting a major part from a small home-based company where it's a guy who has a day job aside from cruisers, but the quality and the shipping have been outstanding.

I'll put one on my Cruiser and you can buy it off me in the campground at Solid Axle Summit 3.;)

they are worth the wait. I actually think he made just a few for some of his earliest customers to sort of beta test them. also it's just an add-on and I think that Patrick has more actual rack orders than he ever expected. This was my first time getting a major part from a small home-based company where it's a guy who has a day job aside from cruisers, but the quality and the shipping have been outstanding.

Thank you!

Yes, your roller and one for @gt7058a are the only two out there. I have the center bracket out for final work and production. Other than that it is just a matter of pricing up the parts and getting them available.

I’m super happy with mine. I really like the way it looks and the track design of the cross bars. The rack sits about as low as you can get and still have a functioning sunroof.

The roller is a really cool feature. The aftermarket setup we had on the OEM rack required over 6’8” of clearance. We’re now back under 6’8” and my wife can still easily load her canoe.

C1C3BB68-6C3D-4307-BBC5-46224C92714F.jpeg
F89ADA2A-52A8-4170-A943-9EE86681DA17.jpeg

I’m super happy with mine. I really like the way it looks and the track design of the cross bars. The rack sits about as low as you can get and still have a functioning sunroof.

The roller is a really cool feature. The aftermarket setup we had on the OEM rack required over 6’8” of clearance. We’re now back under 6’8” and my wife can still easily load her canoe.

View attachment 1942169View attachment 1942170

You need a can holder accessory to mount to your ladder.

So who has installed some eye bolts as anchor points on their rack using the T-nuts? I'd really like to see pics/description of what you did. Need something substantial on mine to ratchet strap stuff to the rack. thanks in advance all you Bowfin experts!

So who has installed some eye bolts as anchor points on their rack using the T-nuts? I'd really like to see pics/description of what you did. Need something substantial on mine to ratchet strap stuff to the rack. thanks in advance all you Bowfin experts!
I have not tested this yet, just recently put in my order for my rack with Partick. Would soft loop tie downs work ? Like the kind that are sold to strap down a motorcycle. I would think you could loop them on the bars and attach to the tie down strap ratchet hook . Of course just a short term solution that would need to be inspected before each use.

kind of like these;
Amazon product ASIN B016DSUGWO

I see no reason that they wouldn't. The crossbars are smooth and shouldn't cause any chafing or fraying of the webbing.

Any roof racks for BJ73?

I haven't done anything for the 70 series variants yet. They will happen but I do not have a date as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom