Bowfin Cruisers Roof Rack for the 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is the total height of the rack from the roof of the rig? Where can I order the rack? Will there be a cut out on the deflector to maybe install a light bar?

to be clear the last post is mine (the customer)

get in touch with Patrick @ bowfin cruisers who was awesome to deal with

What is the total height of the rack from the roof of the rig? Where can I order the rack? Will there be a cut out on the deflector to maybe install a light bar?

The rack is about 2 1/2" above the highest point of the roof.
I still don't have them listed on the site mainly because I want a solid delivery date on when I will get more side rails from the laser cutter. I don't like to stretch out people's wait when I am sitting on their money. When I get that part more certain, I will change the site to show them in stock with a 2-4 week delivery. I have been right at shipping within 2 weeks except for a few 80's on order right now because of the supply chain issue. They are going to be right at 3 weeks, which I don't like to do.

The rack can be had with a standard front wind deflector or one cut out for a light bar with the necessary hardware to mount the light bar to the front of the rack (same price).

any pictures of what the lightbar ready fairing might look like?

any pictures of what the lightbar ready fairing might look like?

Sorry it has been so long to post pictures, but here is a 40" single row bar on my 100. The top of the bar is flush with the top of the cross bars. It sits back pretty far and does cut off about half of the view through the sunroof with the first cross bar behind the light. There is no hood glare and no light comes in through the sunroof either.
20180723_184119.jpg
20180723_184022.jpg

20180723_184009.jpg

Any updates on availability of your roof rack for the 100 seris?

It has been very slow getting enough pieces in stock to be prepared for orders. Turn around time on parts has been pretty bad. I am trying to have enough stock to be ready to fulfill orders while new batches are being produced. I think I am nearly there (famous last words!). I have lots of bars after a two month wait, 100 ser series sides should be in hand next week, brackets are getting cut next week. I don't want to open up to orders until I am sure it is in my own power to produce on time, but it really should be soon.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but will the T Slotted extrusions accept any of those T shaped bolts to allow mounting accessories on the top?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but will the T Slotted extrusions accept any of those T shaped bolts to allow mounting accessories on the top?

They do. That is a standard 10 series extrusion

Went through to make sure my precious cargo was ready for 2500 more miles. And to just stare at it. Never got a chance to hold a beer and stare at it last night, no beer sales after 10 on a Sunday night! Poor planning, been driving around with an empty fridge.
20181001_114329.jpg

The last post was supposed to go into the 60 section but too much jumping around on my part!

That was a long minimal sleep trip but I was able to pull it off with some time off work and still stay on pace with rack orders.

One 100 series rack out today, another tomorrow. I have instructions included with them but really they will need more work. If anyone needs any help at all installing your roof rack, don't hesitate to PM me and I will help you through it. It does kind of lead itself along though, just hit pictures of finished rack installs. It is pretty easy.

I have a few sets in raw state that are close to ready and a bunch more parts on order - sides, fronts, cross bars. Hopefully there won't be any hold ups on orders. Still running around the two week mark to ship.

Thanks to all who have helped me get this model going in the early stages, it's a ton of work and feedback has made a great product imho.

Has anyone fit lights to the sides of the rack? I know some other racks you can drill a couple of small bolt holes and Ridgid industries LED oval housings fit. I was wondering if anyone has tried anything on this rack. Also, I have not seen any awning setups on these racks yet. What sort of compatibility do they have for awnings and rooftop tents?

I really do like the rack but my only complaint is height. Now I'm new to the platform and don't have first hand experience with putting racks on cruisers but was wondering if there was any ability to move the cross bars lower allowing to have the rack more low profile? I'm not concerned about sunroof usage but seems that most rack companies are going towards a more slimline rack approach to keep them as close to the roof as possible. Any possibility for this?

I really do like the rack but my only complaint is height. Now I'm new to the platform and don't have first hand experience with putting racks on cruisers but was wondering if there was any ability to move the cross bars lower allowing to have the rack more low profile? I'm not concerned about sunroof usage but seems that most rack companies are going towards a more slimline rack approach to keep them as close to the roof as possible. Any possibility for this?

It is very low profile now, actually. There is only about an inch or so of clearance from the bottom of the cross bars to the roof in the center. It is very close to the same height as the factory roof rack. I don't think there are any racks out there lower, but I could be wrong. It would be tough to do.

Has anyone fit lights to the sides of the rack? I know some other racks you can drill a couple of small bolt holes and Ridgid industries LED oval housings fit. I was wondering if anyone has tried anything on this rack. Also, I have not seen any awning setups on these racks yet. What sort of compatibility do they have for awnings and rooftop tents?

I do have awning brackets and roof top tent brackets as well. The RTT brackets aren't totally necessary as you can clamp to the cross bars but it is a real pain to do. The RTT brackets make installing and removing the tent very easy. I will try to dig up pictures of both for you. I think the only awning pics I have are on my 80 but the mount and such are the same for the 100. I sold my awning and my rack that was on my 80 at Solid Axle Summit this summer so I need to get another awning. Didn't expect to do that but my campsite neighbor had to have a rack so we unlatched it and set it on his 80!

It is very low profile now, actually. There is only about an inch or so of clearance from the bottom of the cross bars to the roof in the center. It is very close to the same height as the factory roof rack. I don't think there are any racks out there lower, but I could be wrong. It would be tough to do.
I suppose it is just that the side pieces sit further out on the roof giving it the appearance that it is much higher. Thank you clarifying.

Been looking at getting a new roof rack for the LX, it will be a while before we can afford it but I like the looks of your work and I'd prefer to support a mudder over ARB or some other big company. What did the final price end up being on these? Any estimate of weight capacity (evenly distributed)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom