Bowfin Cruisers Roof Rack for the 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dogfishlake

"Go on a living spree"
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hello all,

I just wanted to show where things are on the rack I am making for the 100 series. Like the rest of you, I have found Cruisers to be my obsession and I wanted to do something to be a bigger part of it, so I started my business, Bowfin Cruisers LLC. I will be making roof racks and a few more items for different Land Cruiser series. It has been super busy but I love it because I love the community and the Cruisers.

The 80 series rack has gone well and I have had some interest in one for a 100 so it is happening. There are already some great choices out there but since I bought my 100 "Alejundro", I wanted a roof rack on it to represent for my business so it only made sense to see it through.

The rack consists of side rails that are laser cut aluminum, T-slot cross bars that offer great accessory mounting options, front wind deflector/fairing to make the rack noise free. It is a flat deck design so it can accommodate a RTT well.

Here is a link to the rack I have been selling for the 80 series to get a little better idea of what it is like.
I should have a rack ready for some better pictures tonight, but for now I have a couple of pics of the test rack on my 100 (still has the factory rack which is coming off) to give an idea. Also one of the side rail prototype profile.

Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more

20180104_113559.jpg
20180104_110913.jpg

I'm really looking forward to being a vendor in the MUD community and I will have pricing and build dates available soon. I should be ready to roll in a couple of weeks.

Thank you all. The 80 rack is $850 and for now it is looking like the same for the 100 rack, but if it changes at all it will go down not up. I am still waiting on final numbers for the attachment system to the roof. The 60 and 80 latch system is EXPENSIVE to build, so we will see what happens on the 100 bracket system.

A few more pictures of my prototype rack on my truck.
20180104_184600.jpg
20180104_184610.jpg
20180104_184539.jpg

20180104_184524.jpg

The front deflector needs a lot more work, but I put it on to at least give an idea of what's going on there.

What do the cross bars look like? Are they just 80/20 lengths?

What do the cross bars look like? Are they just 80/20 lengths?
They aren't that brand but they are 1x2 T-slotted extrusions. 51" long.

I haven't posted anything about the 100 rack in a while so I thought I would update.
I have another set of prototype side rails in the works that fit the roof profile better. Also, I think it will solve the problem of the 100 roof tapering in towards the front. The rack itself will be the same width front to back, but the side rail will have a break in it to follow the roof line and have a "meant to be" look.

I'm still working on final brackets and the rack will come with attention to roof sealing at the attachment points.

The 80 series rack has 51" cross bars, but I think the bars for this one are going to work out at 49" to improve the look on the truck.

Here are a couple more pics, but it is still the first version so it will change quire a bit.

Stay tuned!

20180113_162053.jpg
20180121_121303.jpg

Really, really dig it!

Love this rack! Looking forward to more.

Question for ya. Is there enough room to slide a folding table in under the rack?

No, I don't think so. It is pretty tight, just over an inch.

I've been playing around with the correct look for the rack. The 100 roof goes narrow to wide back to front but I want the deck of the rack to be rectangular. The previous prototype looked pretty good but really too wide in the back. My next version has narrower cross bars (49" instead of 51") and I am putting a break line in the front of the rack to follow the roof line. It looks like it will work very well. This week, we will get more refined side rails made and hopefully knock out the mount design. It is taking longer than I had hoped, but was just not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling about the previous one!

Here are a couple of pics to show the next version. It's pretty rough because I've been beating the crap out of it. I ran out of daylight for some better outside shots.
20180204_193945.jpg
20180204_193917.jpg
20180204_193703.jpg

So clean. Love it

Will you do a bare aluminum (non-powdercoat) option?

The cross bars come either with black anodized or clear anodized (pretty much silver). The side rails come in either texture black or anodized silver powder coat color. I can also do custom powder colors. If you want them raw aluminum, I can deduct the powder cost. If you want to buy one that way when they are available, shoot me a pm and we'll figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom