Bowfin Cruisers Roof Rack for the 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had hoped to be ready for orders this week but I don't feel comfortable with it just yet. My roof brackets need more change, mainly just to look nice. I will be tied up the second part of this week so I am now moving my guestimate to some time next week for orders. I do have a bit more time I will get on it again tomorrow as well as today yet. It is soooooo close and looks great. Thank you all for being patient. There is just a ton of time getting it where it should be for a customer. If it had been just for me, I would have called it good a long time ago!

I dig the rack and am looking to grab one soon. My question is how is this going to get over here to San Diego?

It packages up nicely on a piece of OSB with tons of wrap and padding. Very good success so far with a lot of west coast deliveries.

I dig the rack and am looking to grab one soon. My question is how is this going to get over here to San Diego?

Here's a picture of an 80 rack ready to go. The 100 will be a little bit smaller.
20171206_150446.jpg

Im curious about the holes in the back of the sides/supports. They appear to be in such a position that you could possible add a roller bar to the back for loading larger items. Was that the intent or am I just adding crazy ideas to the deisgn?

Im curious about the holes in the back of the sides/supports. They appear to be in such a position that you could possible add a roller bar to the back for loading larger items. Was that the intent or am I just adding crazy ideas to the deisgn?

Excellent guess!

They are for putting a rear roller on for a canoe, kayak, etc. I haven't finished a kit yet but it uses a nylon bushing, 5/8" shaft, and Yates rollers. I would be happy to post up info for the diy person.
20180227_140502.jpg

Well I got the new front wind deflector where I want it, so that's a win. The new side panel is close. I had to soften the angle of the bend on the front and made it messy. Still it proved the angle it needs to be. Just a couple more tweaks on the roof profile.
20180227_181229.jpg
20180227_181229.jpg
20180227_181257.jpg

Turned around to catch the last seconds of sunset.

Time for step #6!
20180227_181625.jpg

Excellent guess!

They are for putting a rear roller on for a canoe, kayak, etc. I haven't finished a kit yet but it uses a nylon bushing, 5/8" shaft, and Yates rollers. I would be happy to post up info for the diy person.
View attachment 1643015

Awesome. This only increases my interest! You mentioned on your thread in the 80 series section about a panel to go over the sunroof area. I would be interested on your thoughts on this as well as I would like to block out the sun but keep the ventilation available. Could you please post a pick of the sunroof access not that the wind deflector is completed?

Excellent guess!

View attachment 1643015
Definitely interested in seeing a DIY. I have a different rack, but I'd like to see how to retrofit a roller. Maybe even purchase the parts from you if you want to supply a kit.

Any updates on the rack?

My buddy/laser cutter and I sat down and did what I hope are final revisions on both the 60 and 100 rack, as well as prelim on the 40 rack Tuesday night. Last night and tonight I am prepping 80 racks to powder coat tomorrow and ship next week. The order is in for the last prototype sides for the 60/100 but I don't know if I will see them tomorrow or Monday.

I think I am as weary of saying "I'm close" as you all are of hearing it......, but,

I'm close.

Awesome! thank you for the update. I will patiently wait

How's the wind noise with the latest fairing update?

Noise is minimal. There isn't any whistle or hum at all. I am sure there is more than no rack at all but at expressway speeds it really doesn't seem different.

Any updates?

Any updates?

A few.

I really thought I would be in production by now but my other job has gone crazy busy so it is hurting me a bit for time. I do have the side and fairing profiles done in steel for fitment testing ( fit is good) and I am waiting for the first batch of aluminum production parts from the laser cutter. Also the final versions of the mount brackets are made out of steel to set the exact bend angle they will be and to locate the mount holes. Once that is done, I can get roof brackets made of 304 stainless going.

So basically I am right there. Just a little more push and they are rolling.

Sounds like it's coming together.

Absolutely no rush but.. When you get a chance could you take a picture from inside of the cabin through the sunroof.

Sounds great! I am looking for the same type of picture of @bozncsurf ! I am interested enough I would like to be one of the first with a production version. With our growing family and kayaks, extra luggage and camping supplies, this is one of the first mods that the wife fully approves of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom