Bought another 40!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

suzuguru

SILVER Star
Threads
I bought another 40 and brought it home today! It's a 1980, and it was local. Only 15 minutes away. It's got horrible rust in the floor pans and the rear of the body, but I'm still super happy with it. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as a lot of you guys, but it looks to be close to original. The seller had them put power steering and vintage air on it when he bought it in 1998, and I'm sure the seats have been re-covered. I imagine it's had several small things done to it over the years. I'm just really, really happy to add this one to the family. Besides being rust free, the only thing that would make it better, is if it had been mustard yellow. Oh well... I'm still happy to have it.

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

Last edited:
nice score,
floormat looks nice
probably want to plug that big hole in the top of the air cleaner where the hose used to attach
from the first pics, I thought you were joking about the rust, that is bad
from the no wear in the floormat, the seats most likely are original material

Beautiful rig; what do you plan on doing with it?

Thanks! I'm currently doing a resto-mod on my '72, so I won't start working on this one until that's finished, but I plan on keeping it as close to OEM as possible. I basically just want to fix the rust and any other problems it might have.

nice score,
floormat looks nice
probably want to plug that big hole in the top of the air cleaner where the hose used to attach
from the first pics, I thought you were joking about the rust, that is bad
from the no wear in the floormat, the seats most likely are original material

Thanks! I wish I was joking! It's definitely going to take some work.

Didn't do much today. Mostly just drooled over it. I did vacuum it out, and I also sprayed some Fluid Film on the rust areas. I think my next task will be to try and figure out why there is so much slack in the steering. It reminds me of driving those antique cars at the amusement park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom