Bone stock 99 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! I have always followed this page and read and learned as much as I could about land cruisers as they have always been a passion of mine! I must say everyone on here is so nice and willing to teach and give their knowledge out, it is awesome! Well I finally recently acquired a 99 100! FINALLY! She's got 183 thousand miles all stock. Picked her up for 9 thousand bucks! She was owned by a Toyota parts member for all of her life and has every service record from 0 miles! I will post some pics in the near future of the mods I'll hopefully be putting on from cruiser outfitters down in Salt Lake City!

IMG_1995.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG
Looks really nice.

I picked up my first 100 in Wednesday this week also a 1999. They are great trucks.

Mine is just getting broke in with 117k on the clock.

Let the base line PM begin, going to change all the fluids this weekend.

To continue the black and gray theme here is mine I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I like your taste! I have the gold emblems wish they were silver like yours.

IMG_1976.JPG

I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my running boards or not. Have you contemplated removing them?

If you're married or have a significant other......this won't be your decision :)

I removed mine and was roundly reprimanded by my 5'3" wife. Running boards went right back on. I loved not having them, but I also love not paying divorce attorneys and mediators. My plan is to replace them with White Knuckle sliders once the mod budget is replenished.

Na, it's my vehicle so she won't say too much. She has her highlander

Lucky! I say get rid of the running boards. I think the lines of the LC look so much better without them. They always looked like and afterthought to me. If you intend to go offroad, they can get hung up and damaged pretty easily as well. In the end, they are easy to remove and easy to put back on if you decide to. The only issue is the front bolt on the passenger side step......it's tucked in nice and tight behind the rear AC line....not the easiest bolt to remove.

Quite a beauty!

Congrats on what looks like a very clean truck! I am a huge fan of immediate running board delete! Also of A/T tires ASAP, but that's just my preference.

I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my running boards or not. Have you contemplated removing them?
I tried to remove my running boards but they're are a couple of bolts towards the front that I could not get to unfortunately! So until I get some sliders they will stay on. I did order some mud flap delete kit though

If you're married or have a significant other......this won't be your decision :)

I removed mine and was roundly reprimanded by my 5'3" wife. Running boards went right back on. I loved not having them, but I also love not paying divorce attorneys and mediators. My plan is to replace them with White Knuckle sliders once the mod budget is replenished.

^^Truth

My wife hates the factory LX running boards (she's used to our 2004 4Runner which are easy to step on leaving the vehicle). I wonder if the White Knuckle or Slee Slider Steps are easier to get out of the car on.

My wife hates the factory LX running boards (she's used to our 2004 4Runner which are easy to step on leaving the vehicle). I wonder if the White Knuckle or Slee Slider Steps are easier to get out of the car on.

I plan on doing the White Knuckles with full diamond plate top. Open top sliders won't work for my wife. They may not extend down as low as the stock steps, but they are still much lower than the sill so should be a very pleasant compromise for accessing the cab.

I plan on doing the White Knuckles with full diamond plate top. Open top sliders won't work for my wife. They may not extend down as low as the stock steps, but they are still much lower than the sill so should be a very pleasant compromise for accessing the cab.
Is there any particular reason your going with white knuckle? I'm in the market for some but there are so many brands it's hard to choose!

Is there any particular reason your going with white knuckle? I'm in the market for some but there are so many brands it's hard to choose!

I like the full diamond plate top option vs the open top or partially closed top that other brands provide. Slee has a closed top version, but it has "holes" in it. My wife, being short, enjoys wearing heels when we go out. We both love the LX so much that we take it out on date nights. Heels, holes in sliders that grab said heels and a happy marriage can't all coexist. I know that's got to be the craziest reason anyone has ever had for choosing sliders :) But, that is the only reason I'm considering the White Knuckles. Other than that, I'd go Slee or BIOR (Bump It Off Road).

I see everyone taking off their running boards! How do you get to that pesky bolt on the passenger side in the front?!

I had to use one of those long, thin socket extenders. The rear AC line will flex just enough to get it in there.

Also, I removed the board from the front bracket first. I left it attached to the other 3 brackets and removed that assembly, leaving just the front bracket. Made life easier for me.

I removed mine and was roundly reprimanded by my 5'3" wife. Running boards went right back on. I loved not having them, but I also love not paying divorce attorneys and mediators.

LOL. My wife is 5'-3" too (Sir Mix-a-lot dimensions...) and had no problem hoping into our 100 after I pulled the running boards. In fact she was pissed when i installed sliders! At first dhe thought I did it for her then learned it was for rocker protection.

for 3 months she daily drove our 5" lifted FZJ80 on 37" too, she's one of those women.

Welcome to 99 UZJ100 Club!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom