Bolt on turbo kit (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a second 80 that will indeed be dyno’d pre-install that I need as part of the CARB compliance testing. That truck will get the business :p[/QUOTE]

CARB compliance?!!! Damn Joey, if you're willing to fight with the devil himself, you really are the man!!!

CARB compliance?!!! Damn Joey, if you're willing to fight with the devil himself, you really are the man!!!

It opens up a very large market in CA and makes exporting to some countries much easier. I’m hoping it’s worth the time and effort and money. But it’s also a branding thing. Wits’ End MIGHT come out of obscurity by having a CARB EO. We shall see. :hmm:

It opens up a very large market in CA and makes exporting to some countries much easier. I’m hoping it’s worth the time and effort and money. But it’s also a branding thing. Wits’ End MIGHT come out of obscurity by having a CARB EO. We shall see. :hmm:

Are you calling MUD obscure?
:flipoff2:

Diggin the effort. Nice work.

@scottryana @NLXTACY I know you guys have said this is not an option for OBD1 trucks, but could a standalone be used for us older 80 series guys? Or am I stuck swapping in an OBD2 engine?

Like @scottryana said, no great on the road data yet, but I feel pretty strongly that if you went with a Haltech Elite 750 as a piggyback, you would be fine on OBD I. Get with them for some advice, they likely would be a huge help.

Oh crap!

The CARB EO testing sealed the deal for me!

I was gonna do this kit anyways, and then figure out a work-around or un-install/install every 2 years for Smog testing.

Knowing that it’ll hopefully get CARB compliance definitely will make this more marketable.

My engine is removed right now while my 80 is being painted, so I’m going to remove my manifold and get it ceramic coated while the 80 is down, curious if the y-pipe/ downpipe will be done in silver or black? I was planning to do the manifolds black, but would probably change that depending on the y-pipe/ downpipe

I wonder if Wits End would sell you just the oil return line bracket & plug?

I haven’t looked, but drilling those 3 oil-return line hole, for the breaket, looks like the most unfriendly part of this install. Doing it while the engine is removed would make it a breeze!

Oh crap!

The CARB EO testing sealed the deal for me!

I was gonna do this kit anyways, and then figure out a work-around or un-install/install every 2 years for Smog testing.

Knowing that it’ll hopefully get CARB compliance definitely will make this more marketable.

That being said, it’s still a bolt on ;)

Proto rig #1 isn’t the same setup. It was done using a Cummins turbo and cheap off the shelf crap so that obvious hinderances can be dealt with. That’s what allow me to make up these little parts to make the installation a breeze.

I have a second 80 that will indeed be dyno’d pre-install that I need as part of the CARB compliance testing. That truck will get the business :p
CARB?! You're going to do it?

My engine is removed right now while my 80 is being painted, so I’m going to remove my manifold and get it ceramic coated while the 80 is down, curious if the y-pipe/ downpipe will be done in silver or black? I was planning to do the manifolds black, but would probably change that depending on the y-pipe/ downpipe

I wonder if Wits End would sell you just the oil return line bracket & plug?

I haven’t looked, but drilling those 3 oil-return line hole, for the breaket, looks like the most unfriendly part of this install. Doing it while the engine is removed would make it a breeze!

Is This something that would be possible NLXTACY? I would be willing to give you an advance deposit on a kit if so?

Engine decals have been sent out for printing. These are ONLY for those getting the kit. :flipoff2:

600BB20A-EBBD-4CB5-917C-09EC6ECEE465.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom