Bolt on 80 Series Winch Plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GGM

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.generalgreenmanufacturing.com
New to posting to the site but have been reading from here for many years.
I present to you our first product to hit production: 80 Series Winch Plate

My neighbor came to me with his LX450 and a winch describing how few winch plates are available for the 80 series. He was right, either buy an expensive bumper or you're left with few options. Well, we designed a simple solution. This bolt on mounting plate keeps your winch high and tight but leaves room for most winches. Uses factory mounts and can even reuse the factory tow hooks. The factory bumper could be used but will require considerable modification. There are bolt holes for accessory mounts (led pods, lightbars etc) and other future integrations.

Made from 1/4" steel and CNC cut.

I'm open to feedback and questions. Also open to ideas and similar product request (we're developing new things all the time). I am a small shop with years of experience but new to selling online so please bear with me. I personally come from a manufacturing/engineering background but have a passion for the offroad industry that I am here to serve.

They are currently listed for sale on my website: 80 Series Winch Plate | GGM - https://www.generalgreenmanufacturing.com/product-page/80-series-winch-plate

Thanks!! Glad to help however I can!
Side Mounted.jpg
Other Side Mounted cropped.jpg
Outside.jpg
underneath.jpg

assem screenshot.JPG

Hello General Green Mfg - Do you have these in stock? I am ready to order. 1996 LC.

I don't have any with the stock bumper because it would require a lot of cutting. I can get some pictures here soon with an affordable bumper solution we intend to offer as well. I'll post that soon.

Here's a picture of the bumper with a different winch plate we experimented with. It will look very similar to this.

Roger cruiser.jpg

Can you make me one that puts that mount on top of frame rails? I want my winch to sit higher up in front of the grill.

Can you make me one that puts that mount on top of frame rails? I want my winch to sit higher up in front of the grill.
Not at this time, it would take a significant redesign to accomplish this. At that point, it would be more economical to build an entire bumper.

In other news, got the plate back from powder coat, have to grab a picture of it. I'm in the middle of a new project (a bolt on 80 series tire carrier) that I will be wrapping up soon and then I can throw the plate on with the factory bumper to see what it will take to fit.

Thanks Matt for the great service! I reached out a week after Ian blew through FL, right near where GGM is based...first checked on the shop, and was relieved to find that they were back up after a week or so. Had a quick email conversation back and fourth, and within a week or so, I had a newly fab'd plate to my door!

My plan is to use this with my ARB non-winch bumper that came on my 80...no reason to replace a perfectly good bumper if I don't have to, and actually really like the chunky look with the rest of my truck. After some measuring before ordering, I was confident that it would fit right behind the bumper with very few mods. I'll be cutting out the "window" on the bottom of the bumper and tucking this up there....it will not change the current ground clearance and I can reach up there even without the window cut out to flip the clutch lever. I'll mount the control box right on top of the bumper for easier access. I'll post up again shortly with more pics of the progress!

I'll cut the sides (about 1") and across the top under the bumper (about 2") to remove the center "window" It should not affect the integrity of the bumper as it has gussets behind and bolts on 3 sides to the frame horns.

And a quick mock up, sitting about 1/4" low due to the tabs on the ARB...I'll trim the plate ever so slightly to tuck in there just right...and yes, the winch is in there! A little muddy from wheeling up at Rausch Creek Off Road Park in PA on Sunday.

I was torn on the winch selection, but got a deal on the newest version of the Smittybilt X2O Gen3 12k with wireless remote...it is a tight fit for some winches, so be sure to measure first before buying a winch (some ComeUp's may not fit at all)...

More to come soon...I did order some extended control box relocation cables to come in a few days...I'll cut the window, grind the plate clean to paint, and get this thing installed....more pics soon!

Last edited:
Made some more progress on this...and I couldn't be happier at this point! I have some extended power cables coming and need to clean up the plate and paint it, so hopefully wrapping up this weekend. I'll mount the control box right on top of the bumper for easiest access as I really didn't want to have to open the hood to get to it. Thanks again @GGM ! :beer:

Still have easy access to the clutch lever...would have been nice to clock forward, but with only 90 degree options on this winch, it would have fouled at the fairlead plate. I really wanted a ComeUp winch that could clock at 22.5 degree increments, but it would have been a really tight fit plus $600-$700 more on the project.

And for the ARB non winch bumper users, I did have to grind just a little away on each side to clear the tabs on the bumper...easier to grind the plate that is unfinished on the bench instead of the painted bumper laying under the truck...

More to come, hopefully by this weekend... :cool:

Made some more progress on this...and I couldn't be happier at this point! I have some extended power cables coming and need to clean up the plate and paint it, so hopefully wrapping up this weekend. I'll mount the control box right on top of the bumper for easiest access as I really didn't want to have to open the hood to get to it. Thanks again @GGM ! :beer:

Still have easy access to the clutch lever...would have been nice to clock forward, but with only 90 degree options on this winch, it would have fouled at the fairlead plate. I really wanted a ComeUp winch that could clock at 22.5 degree increments, but it would have been a really tight fit plus $600-$700 more on the project.

And for the ARB non winch bumper users, I did have to grind just a little away on each side to clear the tabs on the bumper...easier to grind the plate that is unfinished on the bench instead of the painted bumper laying under the truck...

More to come, hopefully by this weekend... :cool:

That looks just super!.. I really like the fact that the winch is tucked away, not "in your face" .. protected by the bumper.. yet easy access.. Great install on a really nice looking rig!

That looks just super!.. I really like the fact that the winch is tucked away, not "in your face" .. protected by the bumper.. yet easy access.. Great install on a really nice looking rig!
Much appreciated....I found a local powder coat guy that can do the plate in a day...dropped it off today, he'll have it done tomorrow! More pics to come hopefully by this weekend, stay tuned!

Some final install pics to wrap this up....thanks again @GGM for a great piece!

Looks like is was meant to go there! WOW. I will trim those edges down a bit like you did so that the next person shouldn't have to if they have a similar application.

Looks great! Thanks for the follow up!

Looks like is was meant to go there! WOW. I will trim those edges down a bit like you did so that the next person shouldn't have to if they have a similar application.

Looks great! Thanks for the follow up!
Yeah, really happy with it...I guess just ask the next buyer if they have the ARB that has the flanges like mine, otherwise it's perfect. Honestly one nice thing that it wasn't coated yet so I didn't hate myself for grinding off a nice paint job!

I'll probably follow up with one more beauty shot once I actually get a minute to clean her up!

I am thinking about using this on my ARB winch bumper with a little bit of modification. I really like the look of the winch coming out lower on the ARB bumper and putting my license plate above where the winch traditionally goes. I also think I could run the Apex Badlands 12k winch with all that space

Reactions: GGM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom