Body swap question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lets just say I know a guy with an original 69 PIG which will be sweet when its done with body and paint. But if he were to find later say 76-77 Pig with great engine and drivetrain but body is shyt.

Hypothetically how difficult would the swap be?

Jon…We did mine in two weekends and drove it off. With the benefit of a lift but your tractors would serve the same purpose in dealing with lifting, placement, etc.
Once engine compartment accessories and wiring are out of the way there are really only a dozen or so chassis bolts to deal with.
We were dealing with a ‘73 and ‘74 so little difference. Might be a few more harness-related considerations with your two.

Who knows, there may be a lift by time this possibility materializes. It would allow the wife and I do get the SOW on the road much quicker and let me do the 2f/H55 swap on the old frame without any obstructions. Then the search for another or repair of the body can take place.

Last edited:
Who knows, there may be a lift by time this possibility materializes. It would allow the wife and I do get the SOW on the road much quicker and let me do the 2f/H55 swap on the old frame without any obstructions. Then the search for another or repair of the body can take place.
I like the sounds of this plan!

Maybe you can just build up cherry frames and then people drive out and you swap their body over?

Jon's Lift & Shift Garage...

PS, I would love to see pics of H55/split-case going into a 55 frame w/ no body in the way!
I always think about the 5-spd crossmember...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom