Body shop referral (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello CSC,

For my introductory post I would like to ask for some advice and referrals. My daughter learned a hard lesson today at school when returning to school during lunch hour. Between balancing a drink in an insufficient cup holder and wet/slick roads, she made contact with a pole while turning into the parking lot. Luckily she, nor anyone else was injured. This will be a hard and expensive lesson for her, but hopefully it comes with a lot of learning.

Looks like most of the damage is confined to the front bumper, turn signal housing or attachment point, and front quarter panel. The front bumper had been previously damaged and was already barely hanging on, so no worries about that. I was seriously looking at the TJM T17 bumper for the near future anyways, so I'm mostly worried about the quarter panel and side marker.

Haven't decided if we should submit this to insurance or not. We've got a $1k deductible, and already pay big $$ for the teenager. Some advice on where to start this process would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20190214_134453617_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190214_134507701.jpg

IMG_20190214_134817426.jpg

What part of town? If you are in the Scottsdale or Fountain Hills area, The Finishing Touch is a great shop. Matt Tilden is the GM.

If you have a good relationship with your agent ask him off the record how much your policy will go up, when our teenager had his first accident our policy doubled through high school, that easily looks like 5k to me.

I'm in North Mesa, so very close to Fountain Hills. I'll give Finishing Touch a call and setup an estimate.
I'll update the thread with their estimate.

I've got USAA insurance with "Accident Forgiveness". We'll see how true that is.

X2 on Finishing Touch

I haven't had any of our vehicles there but have seen their work in person - both on customer vehicles and their own restorations

Ric's in the Scottsdale Airpark near Costco. Ric's Autobody and Paint

Unfortunately I've had the opportunity to have several vehicles treated there over the years. Excellent work and a USAA preferred shop (which is how I found them in the first place 15 years ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom