BMW help please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
Just checking to see if there are any bimmer gurus on here? I know you all are masters of Toyota. I've wanted a BMW my whole life and the opportunity kinda fell in my lap. This would be nothing more than a road stallion for some weekend jaunts and road trips. "Fun car".
So here's the particulars.
09 BMW 328i xDrive Coupe. Sport package auto with paddle shifters, 55K on it with all service records from SUN motors in Harrisburg. Everything is clean and well maintained with low miles.
I know these things can be maintenance pigs but the 3 series are pretty solid and reliable (not Toyota reliable) if kept up with.

Just looking for any input before I make a bad decision. It's just so stinking fun to drive!

My brother is a BMW tech (but not local). Send me the VIN and I can ask him to run the service records to make sure their aren't any "gotchas" hiding in there. I'll also ask him about known, common issues with that particular model, so you know what to look for.

No better dealer than Sun Motors.

The car? I would browse a BMW forum or two - especially e90post.com - and see what issues there are with the e90's. I was just in the market for my next 3-series and decided to stick with another e46. The e90's are not as much as a true "driver's car" in that the electronics really take over with the handling. Effective? Yes. Fun? you must decide...
I know some e90's have an issue with the lifters going bad and they rattle like a diesel. I am not sure if there is a specific time period for that problem or it is all e90's.
I picked up a 2004 330i ZHP. Amazing car to drive...

My brother is a BMW tech (but not local). Send me the VIN and I can ask him to run the service records to make sure their aren't any "gotchas" hiding in there. I'll also ask him about known, common issues with that particular model, so you know what to look for.
Here ya go. Thank you very much.

WBAWV53559P080087

I have an 07 328xi with about 80k on the clock. It's a fine car to drive, and other than regular maintenance haven't had to do any major work. If you do pick one up, replace the run flats with regular tires, those run flats will jar your teeth out.

No better dealer than Sun Motors.

The car? I would browse a BMW forum or two - especially e90post.com - and see what issues there are with the e90's. I was just in the market for my next 3-series and decided to stick with another e46. The e90's are not as much as a true "driver's car" in that the electronics really take over with the handling. Effective? Yes. Fun? you must decide...
I know some e90's have an issue with the lifters going bad and they rattle like a diesel. I am not sure if there is a specific time period for that problem or it is all e90's.
I picked up a 2004 330i ZHP. Amazing car to drive...
Thanks for the advice!
I did play around with the traction control. I can disable if the urge arises. And I have been lurking on the forum as well. I saw that the early 06-07s had some problems like that and they refined some of the issues throughout the model years. And that the 335s could be a pain as well. The only thing I really saw with the 328 was that the valve covers can develop a leak that needs to be dealt with before anything else creeps in. There were some electrical recalls but have been addressed on this vehicle.

I owned an e46 325xi. I ran VAC Motorsport's service department for three years, my motorcycle shop is right next door, feel free to ask any specific questions here too.

I have an 07 328xi with about 80k on the clock. It's a fine car to drive, and other than regular maintenance haven't had to do any major work. If you do pick one up, replace the run flats with regular tires, those run flats will jar your teeth out.

The PO has already replaced the run flats with regulars. There's a can of fix-a-flat in the boot. He put continentals on it.

Thanks for the support guys. I love this club. I used to run an old 80s 325 when I was in Germany and loved to hammer that car. It was like a platoon owned party car that everyone used when needed. They were much different then though.
This is the only shot of it I have right now, but the price is right and I don't plan on keeping it too long.

image.jpg

PM sent with service record screen shot

I agree. My little bro says that model is pretty reliable as well. They don't see them coming in with any systemic problems like some of the other models. Good luck on the purchase. I've always liked BMWs but I've never pulled the trigger on one. Was a big M3 fan back in the day, but they are silly expensive now. The used V8 models have been looking kind of cheap to me lately tho :hmm:

Congrats Jody. Sweet looking ride. The wife had a couple BMW's back in the early 90's and loved them. Still have my BMW bike and I love it! Can't kill the thing.

Dang Jody. Now you got me looking at BMWs. You guys know I'm easily distra.....hey look at THAT car

I have a 2007 328ix and love it. It is actually the wife's car. I checked my maintenance file and have never had to spend anything other than standard maintenance. Bought it as a certified used car from the dealer with about 30k on the odo. Has about 55k on it now and runs like a top. I too, replaced the run flats with Michelin's, they were horrible.

Reviving an old thread. In the market for another BMW... keeping the coupe and getting a sedan for family trips. Been looking for a specific year, specs etc etc. Anyway I have a few matches, some are out of state but there is one in PA. It's at a dealer north of Philly and about 2:45 drive for me. Is anyone close to or near this address?
124 Dublin Pike ,PERKASIE,PA 18944

If anyone is and is able to do a walk around before we make the trek it would be greatly appreciated and worth some beer or whatever your vice is.

It's a 2014 328i Xdrive sedan, white w/ saddle interior, Luxury line with all of the extra packages... cause BMW is dumb when it comes to packages! Everything is a-la-carte. So finding the exact car you want is sort of a pain. We've been looking for several months and finally found a few that meet our criteria.
But before I run the VA or MD, I'd like to take a look at this one as it has pretty low miles for the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom