BMW 328i leather heated seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whats a ballpark dollar figure for those seats out of a slavage yard?

My DD is a 94 325i. Black heated leather. Its tempting just to steal those seats while its parked for the winter...

Now THAT looks like the ticket! I have a sweet set of VW Recaro seats, but have been wanting to find something else (tan/brown for one to match interior).

X10 on the requests for a pic of the brackets. I'm looking for a beginner metal working project. If it's just cutting, drilling, grinding, I can handle that. Thanks!

Just picked up a set off of CL tonight! $100 I can't wait to start fab on a bracket. I'm guessing tomorrow will be a bad day but I may still try.
seats.jpg

Yup, good seats, good price. I paid more for the same ones but in tan. Put them in my '85 last summer and they are super-comfy.

DFXR said:
Yup, good seats, good price. I paid more for the same ones but in tan. Put them in my '85 last summer and they are super-comfy.

Mine are going in a 85 also. I'm still unsure about the brackets. We're you able to keep your rear heater and yet get the seat low enough? My first brackets put the passengers seat much to high. Do you have pictures of your set up?

I did a write-up with some pics here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/499246-bmw-seats-into-85-fj60.html

Take a look and let me know if it makes sense. I can take some more pics or explain more if need be, since it looks like the exact same project.

The tricky thing about these specific seats is that they can't really be modified - every part of the mounting hardware and sliders is integrated. I realized this after a lot of time screwing around with them. So you have to make brackets that allow them to be dropped in complete. Which means they are gonna be higher than stock, no way to get around it, without hacking the floor of the truck, which I didn't want to do. Later trucks (post '87) have different floors so they can get around this.

So I made my brackets as low-profile as possible. The brackets themselves are only as thick as the flat bar and angle stacked: 3/8" (3/16"X2). They work really well, didn't cost too much, and weren't too hard to make once I finally figured out what to do. Rear heat works great, back seats fold down no prob.

But yeah, they're tall. I got used to it quick and the comfort makes it worth the initial weirdness. I am 6-1 and if I was much taller I might have second thoughts.

So glad I found this thread! I have a '09 328 and the vinyl seats are the most comfortable I've ever owned. I planned on trying to put some in my 62 for the past few years but never got around to it. Now a cross-country trip is kind of demanding it. Of course I've been looking for a pair for the past few weeks and they're hard to find. I want manual (not electric), would be fine with vinyl, and don't care if they're heated or not (although heated is nice).

Gotta love mud!!

Wow that looks like a good match. I like the idea of having heated leather seats, I will be on the lookout soon.

Does anybody know if you can easily switch the stock seats from one side to the other, or done so themselves? I was thinking about trying to put the PS on the DS, as the driver's has the "normal wear & tear," and the PS looks factory fresh. The back adjust would be switched but it looks like it would clear the parking brake probably.

Also does anybody know of other heated (leather) seats by other manufacturers out of junk yard or craigslist? I would relish a lumbar adjustment too as I have a bad back, and having heated and lumbar adjustments would make the day. I would likely not want electiric front to back adjust but if it was necessary for lumbar I would.

I am thinking high-end cars would be best...BMW, Volvo, Benz, Saab, maybe a newer high end Subaru would be good.

Yes, you can switch the seats around, you just have to remove the cupholder. Some people attach the cupholder to the shifter base with velcro or 3m stickies.

I've also seen volvo seats, I tried to install VW passat seats once, but the rail design would make the install cost prohibitive. I installed a set of mercedes 500s seats once, and it turned out great.

torfab- thanks for the info...I'm going to switch them today!

I am about to order the brackets from Torfab, as I just got my seats delivered yesterday. I found a nationwide source, LKQ.com. Its a searchable database, with pictures. I paid $103 for each seat - Sport, leather, full power, heater and $115 freight for each one, total $436. Its a flat freight rate, so it doesn't matter if you find what you want two hours away or 2000 miles away. When using the database, you can just enter 'BMW 3 series seats gry' to have only gray seats show up. In my case, the seats were entered as non-Sport, however, the pictures showed them to be Sport. Let me know what questions I can answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom