Bluetooth sound system for shop. Any recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are you all using for a sound system in your shop? Currently I have the old dump find radio and once in a while will throw the TV on. I am tired of radio play music and was wondering if you all had any recommendations for a good blue tooth sound system I could pair with my phone for satellite radio music. Or any other ideas you may have? My shop like most is full of dust and metal grindings so I don't want to spend a ton of cash but it should be somewhat durable.

Thanks for your help.

What are you all using for a sound system in your shop?

The last generation house stereo; whenever I upgrade the house system, I put the retiring one out in the shop. I don't care about the wires out there. I like my tunes while I'm working. The old house system including a subwoofer will fill my shop with acceptable volume level. :)

The last generation house stereo; whenever I upgrade the house system, I put the retiring one out in the shop. I don't care about the wires out there. I like my tunes while I'm working. The old house system including a subwoofer will fill my shop with acceptable volume level. :)
Just add a cheap computer and use free MP3 files from the internet. Earphone output from PC to CD input on amp.

Had this thing for years and still love it! Believe they do have a bluetooth version, i just plug into whatever I have music stored on.

Milwaukee-49-24-0200-Jobsite-Radio-Rockford-Fosgate.jpg

Just add a cheap computer and use free MP3 files from the internet. Earphone output from PC to CD input on amp.

I usually plug my iphone into it, with my entire music library. Recently got an iphone 8, and no headphone jack! So now I will either have to buy an adapter or get a receiver that will take bluetooth; back full circle to the original question of this thread! I guess it will be a lot cheaper just to buy a miniplug adapter for the iphone charging socket though.

My music library is almost 2tb now so it wouldn't fit on your iPhone! Just upgraded to a 4tb portable HD to take to the cabin for "tunes". Even the cheapest used laptop will play MP3s and have a headphone jack.

Find a cheap system and add this to it.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Bluetooth-Audio-Adapter-Streaming/dp/B00IQBSW28

I have one and it is an aggressive linking machine. I would come home from work and it would link and start streaming whatever I was playing in my car as soon as my car shut off.

Has great range and is VERY simple. Turns any powered speakers into bluetooth.

Wanna go a step further?

Feed that logitech into this: https://www.amazon.com/SMSL-50Wx2-T...pID=41BxlxLKxiL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

then use any pair of speakers you find that sound good with it.

Get an old receiver that has decent sound, couple (or more) cheap speakers that sound decent..... you can generally get larger cabinet speakers at goodwill for cheap - far less people want them in their houses now.

If you want/need bluetooth - you can buy a simple adapter that plugs in and has a 3.5mm out - which you just add as an input to your older receiver.

I don't use BT in the garage, just a 3.5mm to RCA and plugging my phone in. If I need hearing protection, I just wear earbuds and the hearing protection (usually when I'm doing wood work where I dont want to piss the neighbors off making music louder than wood tools)

Same. Then I plug my phone in and can pipe Pandora through the AUX plug.

Highly recommend Sonos products: I have two of them (a Play:1, and a Play:3). They've been awesome! Sound is really good for what they are, they're easily moved around if needed. Set-up is easy. I would suggest covering the speaker up with a plastic bag, if you're going to making a bunch of dust / paint spray.

I have been using the Dewalt DCR010 Bluetooth speaker system now for a few years with success. It is really handy and portable. Travels well, good for garage, bonfires or just working in the yard. Battery life is good and outlasts an I phone. Wish that it could charge a cell phone somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom