Blower motor relay location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for the location of the blower relay. I have replaced the blower motor resistor, but now only the hi and low speeds work. Speeds 1, 2 and 3 are all low speed and then I have high. I'm thinking there is another resistor or blower relay is bad, but I cant find them to test them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 1997 40th edition land cruiser.

Thank you,

Mark

Search the 80's forum for "AC Amplifier ". The 40th Anniversary Edition, Collector Edition and LX450 all had automatic temp control that uses an AC Amplifier which is located under the drivers side dash that is vulnerable to water intrusion from a leaking windshield. Also there other known issues within the temp control unit developing bad solder joints.

I found the ac amplifier, but I cannot locate any other parts associated with the blower motor circuit. Are there any part location diagrams I can look at?

Diagrams, not the best, are located in the front of the FSM.

IMHTLO...posts say if u have more than one speed it is the resistor block inside the evaporator box.
For single speed fan operation, I hope u r not looking for the fan speed control relay, above & behind the glove box, behind 3 separate connectors and setting on top of somewhat flexible duct, directly behind the gray evaporative coil box support bracket?
On my 94 the resistor network, inside the evaporative coil box was fine. Cleaned it and still had a one speed fan.
Speed Control relay, oon my desk, reminding me of my only LC fix failure... Call the Waambulance

Wow...the high speed blower relay is not easy to get too! Anyone have suggestions on how best to access it to replace? I can get my hands on it but no way to reach the clips holding it in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom