Black smoke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Noticed after my last fill up a puff of black smoke on startup or when I rev the motor. Could this be the diesel fuel or turbo lag. I've been watching the exhaust since purchase to see if there were any signs of issues. Idles fine, no issues with start up plenty of power through entire band. I did run a bottle of cleaner this last fill up also, could that be the result of the "cleanser" working?

28 minutes ago
+ QuoteReply

Generally black smoke is unburnt fuel, either because your injection pump needs adjusting or your injectors need a rebuild.
A blocked air intake can also cause black smoke.
I don't know what diesel you have , but various types of diesels make more smoke than others.
I doubt it has anything to do with a cleaner.

It only happens on start up or if you give he skinny pedal a quick tap, if you ease into the throttle no smoke and it doesn't matter what rpm you're pulling, just on the start up and if you tap the pedal... weird

That's pretty much normal for older diesels that have worn injector nozzles. Because they are worn, the first bit of fuel dribbles out instead of coming out as a fine spray. It will get slowly worse. Magic potions and cleaners wont help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom