Black lug nuts part no (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just bought BBS forged TRD wheels. Looking for part number for OME black lug nuts. Searched, but couldn’t find them. Thanks

I have not seen the m14 x 1.5 in black OEM, I do not think they make them. The people I know either cover them with black covers over the chrome or get after market ones.

I'm looking for the same thing. A few links have been posted in this thread, but I havent seen anything promising yet.

These are the TRD spline drive equivalent in black by McGard. McGard 65515BK Chrome/Black Spline Drive 5 Lug Wheel Installation Kit

these will not work. see this post:

Those mcgard lugs will not work for Tundra TRD Pro BBS wheels. They have a tapered seat where the BBS wheels need a flat washer seat.

The tapered seat and spline drive IS needed for Tundra Rock Warrior wheels.

But since it was brought up.. the locking lugs in that mcgard kit don’t have a rotating seat, which can lead to galling. I bought a kit of 4 extra standard spline-drive lugs and ditched the locks. Again this only applies to rock warriors but if someone searches that mcgard number they may find this thread.

IMG_20190720_080628.jpg

Yeah, that's definitely not good. The OD of the threaded portion also plays some part in keeping the wheel centered.. so that part being a smaller diameter disqualifies those lugs as well.

@Chocolate, you're spot on. The problem is I cannot for the life of me find quality black lugs for the BBS rims. I'll stick with OEM until I find a set that is safe, above all, and of similar quality.

When I did the diesel swap in my 4runner I did a bit of business with Dave at Japan4x4.com. The guy was a wizard at finding stuff.. maybe worth a shot. OEM lugs shipped from Japan won't be cheap, but if they came on any model japan might be the spot to source them from.. or at least get info.

Or maybe Partsouq?

Anything short of a black chrome coating will just tear up really quickly from normal use though.

Has anyone ever powder coated their OEM lugs black? I’ve had all kinds of stuff powder coated over the years. Tape them off so the threads stay clean and don’t get powder in them. Just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom