Black Friday Jacumba Run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sdnative

SILVER Star
Threads
I haven't been out to Jacumba for a few years now, and never in my 100. I am thinking about heading out there for a day run after Thanksgiving on Black Friday (Nov 25)

I want to see how the 100 does on some of these trails compared to the 80, and I want to test the ATRAC as I am not sure if it is working properly. I don't think I can make it up sharp switchback behind Table Mountain or the narrow trail down to Mountain Springs, but for sure Elliot Mine and most areas around Table Mountain.

Here are some past trips:
Before/after Christmas run?

After Christmas Jacumba Run

Meet in Alpine at the Starbucks at 8:00 AM. There's a McDonalds and Albertsons there as well. Address is 2963 Alpine Blvd, Alpine, CA 91901.

There is fuel at the tavern road exit.

I will be monitoring one or more of these repeaters in case you are coming in late:
Monument Peak 147.240 Mhz (+) 103.5 Hz
Mount Laguna 147.150 (+) 107.2 Hz
Otay Mtn 146.640 (-) 107.2 Hz

We will be using simplex 146.460 on the trail unless there is other traffic.

We will most likely be running the south side of the highway first (Elliot Mine then down by the border fence) then the north side over behind Table Mountain.

If you need my # send me a PM.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!!!

Last edited:
This is a fun location with interesting things to check out. A great trip to bring along the fam or friends as it is mild wheeling. I had a good time on the previous trip. I still had all my fender flares back then. :hillbilly:

Probably can't make the trip this time but highly recommended for others.

Since it's just a feeler, put us down as a definite maybe;)

Since it's just a feeler, put us down as a definite maybe;)

Will you maybe be driving the LX or maybe the 200? Just trying to get a feel. :worms::steer:

LX or 4Runner;)

Trying to exercise a little discretion with the mall rated 4X4 and not have a repeat of the Big Bear brush run:doh::crybaby::D

Looks like Thursday and Saturday are reserved but Friday should be good to go. Anyone else? Sure beats standing in line at best buy :rolleyes:.

Cross posted to AAV as well.

Last edited:
Put us in for a definite maybe:D

Updated first post with details.

Hope you all have a good time. I'm stuck at work playing a desk jockey.

Dang somehow I missed this thread! I was just over that way (stayed in El Centro) to hit up the Imperial Sand Dunes on Tuesday and Wednesday. We were having so much fun that we ended up staying another night and we decided to give Painted Gorge/Carrizo Mountain a try yesterday. That place was super fun...I'll post some pics later on. We ended up coming back to SD last night :(

We stopped in Jacumba on our way out at the beginning of the trip but didn't do any offroading. That whole area and beyond looks so much fun! I hope you guys have a good and safe trip.

PS - Never saw a single 80 on the whole trip until we were taking the dirt road to Painted Gorge and there was a badass white 80 with rack, bumpers, lifts, tires, etc....wonder if that was a MUD member's???

Sorry you guys couldn't make it. It was a full day wheeling and exploring. Will post some pics soon.

Some pics.

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

IMAG1163.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0541_mod.jpg

IMAG1168.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg