For Sale BJ74 South Carolina. Not mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a fairly clean looking LC. The ad says it has the 3.4 liter turbo engine. That would be the 13BT right? I called the dealer and they said it's a 2.something liter turbo and he's going to confirm and get back with me. He assured me it was a Toyota engine and not VM, but I'm dubious. Anyway, it's more than I was wanting to spend, but I'm taking it into consideration. Thoughts??

Used 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ74 TURBO DIESEL for Sale in Summerville SC 29483 Buyers Choice Auto Center

Thanks,
Mike

It's an LJ73, the light duty version of the BJ73. It has a 2.4 liter 2L-T engine. Looks like it was imported from Spain.

It's an LJ73, the light duty version of the BJ73. It has a 2.4 liter 2L-T engine. Looks like it was imported from Spain.
You are correct. The dealer called me back and said exactly that. I didn't get any deception from them. It seemed more a product of the person who posted the ad didn't really know much about the cruiser. I'm not sure I'm interested for the asking price, but it looks clean from the pics.

Looks great. It's too bad you have to choose between A/C and LHD with the 70 Series, in general.

Looks great. It's too bad you have to choose between A/C and LHD with the 70 Series, in general.

What do you mean?

Most 70's where I am at have A/C and all are LHD.

Cheers

What do you mean?

Cheers

Of the one's I've seen in the Mud classified, Craigslist, eBay etc., it seems the LHD trucks come from Spain/Europe and tend not to have AC and the JDM RHD vehicles tend to have AC. No science behind it...but it's the first thing I look for since I live in a boiling pot of water.

What do you mean?

Cheers

Let me know when you find any HZJ73's with ac Ian.

Let me know when you find any HZJ73's with ac Ian.

I don't know about specific models, the mwb are rare in CA but I am seeing 70-series with A/C.

Cheers

Yup because those do not have removable tops in Central America . You see the Lj's but they are all hard tops and usually beat down. That LTE engine is a POS also from what I've been told.

I have a rj70 and love it...except the fact it's carbureted and has no heater. It does have ac but it's aftermarket. It runs great except the occasional trip over ten thousand feet above sea level and stalls occasionally on steep inclines when wheeling.

Good luck with your searching.

It sucks when you have the $$ and can't find the truck you want or need anymore. Especially 40'series lately. I'm getting tired of looking .

Of the one's I've seen in the Mud classified, Craigslist, eBay etc., it seems the LHD trucks come from Spain/Europe and tend not to have AC and the JDM RHD vehicles tend to have AC. No science behind it...but it's the first thing I look for since I live in a boiling pot of water.

I am not sure if I have ever seen a HZJ73 LHD with a/c...but my LHD FJ73 has factory A/C.

I have about given up on finding the perfect HZJ73 for me though...I guess the only way to get everything I want is to convert mine using 1HZ and I am not real keen on doing a conversion project myself (of any motor) at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom