BJ74 engine mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If that is the case (I haven't looked hard at mine yet as I have no dropped the skid plate) then the mounts will be quite different. my 80's mount is on the transfer and I assumed (probably incorrectly at this point) that the 74 was the same.

Well I replaced my 74's rear mount yesterday. It is indeed attached to the transmission, not the transfer case like an 80. So this will preclude using a manual trans mount without what must be serious modifications.

Well I replaced my 74's rear mount yesterday. It is indeed attached to the transmission, not the transfer case like an 80. So this will preclude using a manual trans mount without what must be serious modifications.

Did the tranny mount get rid of some of the movement you were mentioning?

I am replacing the engine mounts as well just to be safe. Kinda like a belt and suspenders at the same time!

I haven't driven it yet. :doh:

I'm involved in moving a large number of Land Cruisers in a day or so and I'm not going to be able to get to mine until Sunday.....:crybaby:

Kinda.

Hello, i realize this is an old thread, but did anyone ever find a source for the elusive 12371-58031 BJ 74 Auto Transmission mount? At one point a source in Auz said they had it, they sent it to me in Canada and it turns out it was the one for a 5 speed. I have Glued mine a few times with PL glue, but I realy would like a proper mount!!, there was a PN# change mentioned in a few posts backed but neither seems to be available and seems to be the early and later versions of same mount.

Hello, i realize this is an old thread, but did anyone ever find a source for the elusive 12371-58031 BJ 74 Auto Transmission mount? At one point a source in Auz said they had it, they sent it to me in Canada and it turns out it was the one for a 5 speed. I have Glued mine a few times with PL glue, but I realy would like a proper mount!!, there was a PN# change mentioned in a few posts backed but neither seems to be available and seems to be the early and later versions of same mount.

Do you have an A440F auto? If so, the -58030/-58031 transmission mount is discontinued.

Time for a 5 speed swap.

Fwiw, the FJ62 mount (12371-61041) is a good fit. The stud location on the bottom is off by ~5mm and requires just a few minutes of massaging to fit. Sadly both the 58031 and 61041 are discontinued OEM. We have an aftermarket solution for the 61041 and are working on a solution for the 58031 proper too.

I was doing a last minute CruiserFest prep on my BJ74 (auto) and found a torn mount. We looked at a half dozen mounts from a similar era (early FJ60, FJ80, BJ40, BJ60, etc) and found the FJ62 the best fit, identical on the top at the trans and withing 5mm on each stud. I ovaled out the holes ever so slightly on the cross-member and it dropped right together. The FJ62 has more surface area and "flaps" to prevent side to side movement in the event of failure.

20180903_174158.jpg

Comparison of the 58031 (left) & 61041

20180903_174211.jpg

Comparison of the 58031 (left) & 61041

Might want to try 12371-58021 if you have one lying around. Bolt holes might be too wide though on the top side.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried Megazip? They let me put 2 x 12371-58031 in the shopping cart at $132USD ea, but Im not buying them.

Has anyone tried Megazip? They let me put 2 x 12371-58031 in the shopping cart at $132USD ea, but Im not buying them.

Their inventory is not live or real. They will take your money and then come back 5 days later saying the part is discontinued.

Only a Toyota stockist will know if the part is really alive or dead.

I would be very interested in getting one of these almost compatible 62 mounts to put on my Auto BJ 74, I have never fixed mine and its putting extra strain on the motor mounts I believe. PM me with cost and how to proceed. ThankS

Might want to try 12371-58021 if you have one lying around. Bolt holes might be too wide though on the top side.

Way too wide on the top and bottom unfortunately.
IMG_7484.jpg

I would be very interested in getting one of these almost compatible 62 mounts to put on my Auto BJ 74, I have never fixed mine and its putting extra strain on the motor mounts I believe. PM me with cost and how to proceed. ThankS

I'm out of the shop at the moment (en route to CruiserFest) but I know as of last week we didn't have any of the 12371-61041 in stock but will have more en route soon.

Capture.JPG

Shown here: Cruiser Outfitters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom