BJ40 EDIC motor is shutting off the engine without key switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I just replaced my EDIC motor and also gave it a brand new relay. My EDIC motor is shutting off the engine without key switch. It will idle for about 10 seconds then shut down. Any clues as to what is causing this?

Thank you

Oil pressure

The edic controller has an oil pressure switch that will shut the motor off if there’s not enough pressure. Check oil pressure and the switch.

Also I have seen it where an ignition relay had failed and the edic would let the motor start then the edic would shut it back down without ignition power. But that was much less than 10seconds. So low voltage or bad contacts can cause issues as well.

Contacts in the edic motor can wear out as well. That would likely cause other issues. most likely if it shuts down after 10 seconds it’s not happy with the oil pressure.

I see you posted in the 40 section. If you have and diesel issues post here. Diesel Tech / 24 volts they don’t like diesels there.

6AD1A8DF-BB72-4285-8919-CF75AAFD807C.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah once started keeping the revs high will increase a low oil pressure. Doing that might let the oil pressure build up fast enough to keep it running. That would let you know that it is a oil pressure issue. But that’s not a fix the best thing to do would be hooking up a mechanical gauge to the motor to make sure your getting proper pressure (around
4.2psi at idle or more, and 36-85psi at 3000rpm)

Last edited:
Not Sure if this is low enough to trigger the switch... Any clues?

Its not an Oil level problem that causes the EDIC to shut down the engine.. its an Oil pressure problem.

You should get a oil pressure test gauge on your engine to verify oil pressure, if its OK then the oil pressure switch may be faulty or the EDIC controller.

Its not an Oil level problem that causes the EDIC to shut down the engine.. its an Oil pressure problem.

You should get a oil pressure test gauge on your engine to verify oil pressure, if its OK then the oil pressure switch may be faulty or the EDIC controller.

I'll check that... The EDIC controller is out of the box new. I'm thinking the switch. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom