Big giant ad banner all of a sudden... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skillet

Skillet
Threads
Why am I suddenly getting these big 7" tall ads that pop up at the top of the page every time I refresh.

Just started and VERY annoying.

What is the fix?

Desktop? Laptop? Tablet? Mobile? Android? iOS?

and most important, screen shot?

As noted in two other recent threads, I've been chasing a bad ad or three for at least a week...Google is aware of the issue, and it's hitting hundreds (if not thousands) of sites worldwide...MORE than frustrating that it's not already fixed on their end.

It's no fun.

BigGiantAd.jpg

Looks like the ad server is calling ads in the wrong positions...great...no clue how to even start tracking that issue down...

Yes. I've been having the same problem for the last few days on my desktop..

Here's a screenshot of the one of the many advertisements I thought my silver-star membership meant that I wasn't supposed to be seeing:
screenshot.jpg

Thanks Woody.... :)

The ad just below the navbar is not blocked from supporting members.

Trying to chase down the issue now...still unsure why it's happening..."guessing" there is a glitch in the ad network that I cannot solve, but will keep looking, just in case...

FOUND IT!

Updating codes now...will take a bit to clear the ad cache, but should be working correctly later today.

Thanks for the screen shots and information...and your patience :)

Yes. I've been having the same problem for the last few days on my desktop..

Here's a screenshot of the one of the many advertisements I thought my silver-star membership meant that I wasn't supposed to be seeing:
Thanks Woody.... :)

The ad just below the navbar is not blocked from supporting members.

OK so I didn't put my finger correctly (with that screenshot) on what my recent problem has been with the extra advertising appearing on my screen.

All I can say is that the advertising pop-ups got bad enough in recent days for me to search out this thread in the Help section.

Let's hope you've cured the problem anyway Woody...
:beer:

PS. My blood pressure hasn't been climbing today (as it was before when I was delayed from reading/posting interesting Land Cruiser stuff by pop-ups of advertising) so it's looking good that you were successful...

Thanks for providing a great site....

I hate social media in general and am loathe to admit that I'm using your site very much like others use the likes of Facebook. However at least here we are all united in our love of Toyota Land Cruisers (so that makes our apparent-friendships somewhat more sincere in the real world) and we actually learn lots of useful stuff from each other from our chatting. (A far cry from Facebook which is evil IMO in fostering a vast overpowering network of fake friendships to control people's lives and bombard them with advertising for shareholder monetary gain.)

Popups are never allowed on the site, but they do occasionally sneak through. Screen shots help, but even those are often redirect url's and only marginally helpful.

Chasing them down is a challenge...and wastes a lot of my time.

Hi Woody.

Just letting you know...

I'm still being bombarded with advertising that I didn't used to see...

I can't give you screenshots though because it just flits onto my screen very briefly and then immediately disappears.

It seems to happen whenever I swap pages now..

It probably is that banner cr@p (that you don't block from silver-star members) that has somehow got more aggressive.

I guess I can live with it anyway if you're unable to impose more control over its appearances.

(I know advertising is necessary to ensure the survival of the site.)

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom