BFG MT KM2 vs KM treadwear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm in the market for a new set of shoes :hmm:

I currently have a set of 305/70/16 BFG MT KM's and absolutely love them :)

They have about 120k miles and still have quite a bit of tread left :eek:

Unfortunately, I had one blow out on me last night :frown:

Not sure what was the cause, but since I do quite a bit of driving, I figure I'd get a new set :meh:

Since the KM's are hard to find (especially in that size), I've been thinking about the KM2's in 285/75/16 as they don't make them in 305's, but would like to know how they compare to the KM's?

Can I expect the same kinda mileage out of them?

That you got 120K miles out of your tires is amazing. Especially a mud tire. I would take that tire to some analysist have them figure out the magic inside that tire. The best tire I have ever had that lasted that long on a heavy truck was 70K miles. By the end of their life they were dry hard tires with under the legal limit of tread. They were a highway tread and were a very hard compound to begin with. I only have a couple thousand on my KM2's but I don't think I will get 40K out of them. And by then they will barely have enough tread to consider them a mud tire.

I've been hearing that from a lot of folks lol

I guess my secret is the 5 wheel rotation (by the book) every 3k miles (about every 3-4 weeks) :cool:

I'd like to hear from those who have had both the KM's and KM2's :hmm:

If they think the KM2's last longer, then it's a no brainer for me :)

If not, I might consider going with 305/70/16 AT KO's instead :meh:

I know those things wear like iron and the price should be about the same....

I've got about 10,000 miles on my 315 KM2's. I have a brand new spare mounted that's never been used. I can measure them both tomorrow and see how much I've worn in 10,000 for what that's worth?

I don't think they are wearing quite as well as my 295 AT/KO's did. I took those off at about 54,000 miles and still have a long ways to go.

The KM2's seem a lot softer to me, but I also had them siped. Surprised how quiet they are, but at only 10,000 miles they likely will get louder.

Winter's coming. We'll see how they work on a frozen lake soon enough.:cheers:

Ive had both and the KM2's are far superior! Not only in tread wear but in road noise and handling. Ive put ove 50k on a set on an f250 the only reason i replaced them was an ex wife with an attitude popped three out. The fourth now serve as my spare for the LX and it looks just fine.

That's good to know :cool:

Here's the damage to my baby :frown:

crewzertireblowout.JPG

crewzertireblowout2.JPG

crewzertireblowout3.JPG

crewzertireblowout4.JPG

crewzertireblowout5.JPG

crewzertireblowout6.JPG

The rash on the door will probably buff out, but she'll need a new flare assembly, fuel tube cover plate and mudflap :meh:

The rear bumper also got torn up, but I plan on replacing them with a set of Hefty wings anyways :cool:

OK, little update.

Got new 305 KM2's installed :cool:

fzjnewKM21.JPG

fzjnewKM22.JPG

fzjnewKM23.JPG

fzjnewKM24.JPG

fzjnewKM25.JPG

fzjnewKM26.JPG

fzjnewKM27.JPG

Sold my old KM's for $400 bucks on Craigslist :)

soldfzjKM1.JPG

soldfzjKM12.JPG

Picked up a good used set of LR flares from Bowser on the cheap and decided to bedline all of my flares again (as well as my hubcaps) just so they'd match :cool:

newbedlinedflares.JPG

newbedlinedflares2.JPG

newbedlinedflares3.JPG

As for the rear bumper, my insurance company cut me a check to cover a new pair of Hefty Wings w/dual swings, so she'll be getting a nice Christmas gift this year :grinpimp:

Hmmm, I like those 305's, looks like I will get those when 285's STT's wear out. ;)

if you do any off roading km and km2 are horrible, side walls fail way too much from personal experience.

what!?!?!?!?! i love mine, they grip like crazy on the rocks i love them to death and will never buy a different tire...as for wear i have 3k on mine and i still havent worn the nipples off the tread yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom