BFG 295.75.r16 no more.

Visit site
I made a few phone calls today. Aparently BFG has discontinued the 295.75 r16 size.:bang: Now what to do? I'm not psyched about going to 35's or going back to Nitto TG. :bang:

Anthony.L

Looking for the end of the road...
Visit site
Do not trust a local tire shop, they could be full of it. I would only trust BFG directly, and from looking at their site the 295x65x16 is still listed so it's not discontinued yet.

I was planning on going with Goodyear MTR kevlar 35's, guess that will be happening for sure if they really do discontinue the 295 BFG's.

Visit site
I just checked Tirerack and they have fewer than three (BFG A/T's in 295). That doesn't indicate anything more than low stock. However, two weeks ago when I was comparing 295 vs. 285 they had plenty.

Visit site
I've regeared so I don't want to go any smaller. Maybe I'm after a big 285? r16

Interco SSR? 285.75r16 seems like an option not availiable until June. 33.9x11.4? If it's really that size I'm interested. I never really wanted mud tires, I guess they'd go well with all my dents.

Nitto TG were good for the first 30k but after that they were too slippery. Wife says were selling the truck in 2 years anyway.

To make matters worse I just bought a spare 16" factory rim.

Sorry to start another tire thead.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Visit site
I hope thats not true, other wise I'm SOL if I get a flat or something goes wrong... I guess I should of bought a spare when I had the chance.

is the 295's discontinued in just the AT? or all models in that size? I guess I can look this one up

Visit site
if you want to go with 285/75/16's in a BFG AT/KO's (doubt it)... I have a Brand new one I can bring to moab with me if you want at a smokin price!!! :) but i doubt you want to go smaller now that you have re-geared.

Visit site
I hope thats not true, other wise I'm SOL if I get a flat or something goes wrong... I guess I should of bought a spare when I had the chance.

is the 295's discontinued in just the AT? or all models in that size? I guess I can look this one up

The KM2 is not available in 295/75R16 according to BFGs site, if thats what you were thinking.

They still the have AT listed on there in 295/75R16, but Im not sure if that is a good indicator of whether or not it is discontinued.

Visit site
How about 255/85R16's... same height as the 295's.

Last time I checked, the KO AT's weren't available in 255/85's--only KM2's. Actually, you'll have a hard time finding AT treads in 255/85's with any tire company.

EDIT: Oh, you were just talking about the spare. Ok, nevermind. Carry on...

Visit site
I just can't see installing smaller tires than I currently have. Secretly I'm envious of the 35"s, but don't tell anyone. 255's are silly skinny for a rig this heavy, imo. In an ideal world I want a 34" agressive AT or Mud with a rediculous amount of siping for a 16" rim.

Threw out (tire place kept it) the tire that came with the rim. Didn't need it.

Visit site
When you say it that way I totally agree. I keep telling myself how I can live life with the 33"s until Spresso comes around with his 35's. The difference is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom