bfbird Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All, I picked up a late 76 FJ40 a few months ago. I'm new to FJ's, but I've got a little auto experience. It was a bit rough, but running, moving, and stopping. It has rust in some usual spots. I've already used the forums a lot so thanks everyone for your contributions. I've gotten through some fun quarantine activities with your help and a Haynes manual.

I found gas in the oil coming from a leaking fuel pump so i changed the pump. I dropped the pan, checked the internals/plasti-gaged bearing gaps, and painted the pan. Also, I reset the timing and set the valve clearance. The engine sounded like a diesel, but now it's purring like a kitten.

Flushed the coolant and burped the system.

I've reworked my dash electronics. Fixed the oil pressure gauge by bending the metal on the indicator so it's in range (validated pressure with manual gauge), fixed the behind dash lighting, high beam indicator and the horn buttons on the steering wheel (no ground on the wheel through the rag joint).

I did a little patina management with linseed oil.

Fixed several leaks in bleeders and a couple of broken flares.

And the all important Bezel flip upgrade has been started. Currently, the bezel is removed for clean up.

It's nearly ready for inspection and registration here in Texas (Houston area). I've got a couple of questions about non-40 specific stuff, but I thought I'd take the opportunity introduce myself.

bfBird.jpg

Nothing like the smile of a proud, new FJ40 owner! Welcome board. Keep us posted.

Sweet!! Great looking truck and nice work so far. There are some seriously good cruiser folks in TX...

FYI, you can't post to many pictures of your 40.

Welcome aboard. White or Desert Beige? Hard to tell in the dark!

Welcome aboard. White or Desert Beige? Hard to tell in the dark!
Hi, TheHardWay. I think the color is just beige. The original color was red, and it was repainted at some point. The interior and engine compartment are still red.

Sounds like you have the right stuff to get along here. Keep the on with updates and also we need more pics. Preferably in the daylight lol
Thanks! It's all about the opportunity. It only makes it out at night right now with the summer heat.

Sweet!! Great looking truck and nice work so far. There are some seriously good cruiser folks in TX...

FYI, you can't post to many pictures of your 40.
Does anyone know of a Houston area group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom