Bestop Supertop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m considering purchasing a Bestop Supertop for my 79 FJ40. All the reviews and comments I’ve read about them seem to be at least 2+ years old. Most negative comments seem to be related to fitment around the doors and how securely the rear window attaches to the tailgate.

I’d like to hear from folks that purchased and installed a Supertop within the last year or so to find out if the newer tops have the same issues reported by owners several years ago.

If I do pull the trigger on the Bestop I’ll either run the FJ40 without door or use the original steel ones.

I just installed a new one a little over a year ago. they fit fine, the soft doors will leak, but if you take some time and bend and flex them they will work pretty well except for hard driving rain. But I do not typically get wet, but the floor does. I have no idea how well they work with the hard doors, they may not work at all. if you do decide to buy one, shop around, the pricing is all over the place.

oh and on the back, the bottom just attaches with Velcro, works fine, but mine sets in the sun and you have to replace the strip on the truck occasionally.

I bought one new 2 yrs ago. Good top for the money. I run mine with the hard doors, had to add a little weatherstripping to make a better seal. Im in the process of redoing my hard top, and once I put it back on, I think thats where its going to stay. Just because its a lot of work switching them around. PM me if your intersted in buying my soft top.

Had one. Rain came in above the doors. Rear flap constantly came loose. Looked to much like a heep. Sold it and got a reproduction soft top.

Hey guys, I am sorry to ask on this post!

I lost the rails of my bestop softop, the corners and the ones that goes above the back fenders, I have been looking around to purchase only the spare parts and not the entire softop again, you happen to know where to purchase this parts?

Thanks for letting me ask here.

Hey guys, I am sorry to ask on this post!

I lost the rails of my bestop softop, the corners and the ones that goes above the back fenders, I have been looking around to purchase only the spare parts and not the entire softop again, you happen to know where to purchase this parts?

Thanks for letting me ask here.

You can contact BestTop customer service. They sell the parts individually. I replaced both and IIRC they were very reasonably priced.

No complaints on mine, minor leaking at doors . Installed snaps to hold back flap down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom