Best Tires for GX 460 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of trading my '12 T4R SR5 for an '11 GX460. What are the best (and largest) tires I can run on the stock setup? I have a 60 for actual off road adventures, this will be my dd. I prefer to have AT2's, but am open to better options. Thanks.

MJ

Thanks for the reply. Looking for no rub if possible. Anyone using 255/70/18? Basically, 32" tall and 10" wide. Getting 1.5 taller and losing .4 inches in width.

Mine will be a "Luxury" model, so not many options on messing with the suspension. just want a better look and stance.

275/65-18 equates to about 32.1"
I would say it would be close. Normal driving, probably no problem at all. Any dips, like drains across the street (like we have here in So. Cal) it may rub, or in a lock-to-lock and compression, it may rub.
I think you'd be okay if you don't bounce it hard.

Last edited:
does ko 2 275/65/18 fit without rubbing on prado 150?

Yes, no problem. I ran those on my stocker w/ no rubbing. You may have to remove one small bolt in the wheel well (not sure if Prados have similar attachment points as the Lexus).

265/65r18 definitely fits, but I know someone on GXOR had a 275/65r18 crammed under there. It definitely requires some finagling when you're raising the tire.

265/65r18 definitely fits, but I know someone on GXOR had a 275/65r18 crammed under there. It definitely requires some finagling when you're raising the tire.

Can someone show a 275/65/18 in spare location? 265/65/18 isn’t much of a upgrade from stock which is pretty sad, very disappointing consider it wears the LC badge even if it’s a baby LC badge.

Here’s what I know, I’ve been running 275 65 18’s with the past two GX’s I’ve owned ( I’ve owned three actually) and they do and done fit the wheel wells...KDSS lean on the 14 and the tires rubbed the one single bolt on drivers side. Removed the bolt and most of the rubbing went away. I hated the rub so I ordered a kit from Kyle Fogle and the rub went away. I now drive a 17 GX with zero KDSS lean and absolutely no rub at all....matter of fact I can’t make it rub. As for spare location...IT WILL NOT FIT. I ordered a Rigd Ultraswing to carry a spare.

Bottom line - 265/65r18 isn't much bigger than stock (about 1"?), but at least it will fit the spare, no questions asked, and is less likely to rub than 275/65r18s

Bottom line - 265/65r18 isn't much bigger than stock (about 1"?), but at least it will fit the spare, no questions asked, and is less likely to rub than 275/65r18s
Is that with or without the factory trailer hitch receiver? I have been he receiver on mine and My 265/70r17 will not fit the spare location, essentially same size as 265/65r18.

I have 275/65r18 KO2's all around including in my spare location. I had a BMC done to make sure there wasn't any rubbing in the wheel wells though. No lift, yet...

for the record on my Fiancees 2016 460 we put 265/65 18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s and they fit with no rub. Perfect for her - wanted a little more meat and 0 rubbing or modifications.

If it were me I would go the tall skinny route (255s)

I have 275/65r18 KO2's all around including in my spare location. I had a BMC done to make sure there wasn't any rubbing in the wheel wells though. No lift, yet...

can you post a picture of the spare and how it fits? I was told that 275 would fit.

Ill try to get some photos, I had a local shop do all of the work for me (Apex Overland in NC), so I haven't even looked at the spare yet.

**Update** attached are some photos.
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_1910.JPG
IMG_1911.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom