Best 40th ed replacement leather that matches oem color (1 Viewer)

Best 40th ed replacement leather that matches oem color

• Land Cruiser Heaven

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Mosely Motors

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Katzkin

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have LCH leather on my '94 in grey - fit and finish is spot on and the leather is durable. Also added seat heaters along with OEM switches in the console which is a nice touch. Total cost was just over $2K for the leather, install, and heated seats.

Had my steering wheel and shifter done at Dallas Custom Steering Wheels - that guy does top notch work with a 3-4 day turnaround.

Also have a 5th gen 4Runner and just had Katzkin installed - looks fantastic and the leather is exceptionally nice. I've owned several BMWs and the Katzkin leather is actually much nicer - more plush.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

LCH leather.jpg

I have other priorities to deal with on my new LX450 purchase.... but these options look good!

I have LCH leather on my '94 in grey - fit and finish is spot on and the leather is durable. Also added seat heaters along with OEM switches in the console which is a nice touch. Total cost was just over $2K for the leather, install, and heated seats.

Had my steering wheel and shifter done at Dallas Custom Steering Wheels - that guy does top notch work with a 3-4 day turnaround.

Also have a 5th gen 4Runner and just had Katzkin installed - looks fantastic and the leather is exceptionally nice. I've owned several BMWs and the Katzkin leather is actually much nicer - more plush.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

View attachment 2583838

The leather looks good, but man that tag on there would annoy the $h!t out of me.

Mosley by far, call and talk with Cam to get details and verify it will be what you want. He is very helpful and honest.
+1 I have dealt with all the mentioned companies, Cam's stuff is better quality and his customer service is top notch.

Cameron Mosley, FJ60Cam, Mosley Motors in Memphis TN; excellent quality

The leather looks good, but man that tag on there would annoy the $h!t out of me.
I agree that tag on the seat bottom is just insane. I think I would pass on this vendor if they all have that tag in this position. Horrible placement.

The tag doesn't even cross my mind as I'm sitting comfortably on new leather (heated when I choose), but as said there are indeed numerous options!

Thanks for posting this thread. I have a 1996 LX450 in Dark Emerald Pearl. The OEM specs say the interior is Oak, but I think that is only the darker bits of the trim. The seats I believe are in Tan, but I cannot seem to find the answer or pictures of replacement seats that match mine. I will try Cam at Mosley. Other issue I have is that whenever I go to an auto upholstery shop for help they never return my call once they take a look. Wonder if these seats are too difficult, are just not profitable enough, dunno. Can't be this hard.

I have Lseat.com leather. I recovered my seats in 2017 right before a long road trip out west. Brand new, this leather was fantastic. I could tell it wasn't the best quality but for $300 it fixed the giant hole in my driver and passenger seats and made them very comfortable.

Fast forward to 2021 and the leather is developing cracks. It's still soft and pliable but is already showing stress at the edges from climbing in and out. Our Cruiser is not a daily driver and I've only put 20K miles on it since the leather was installed. Never again. I hate wasting money and I'm certainly not going to like stripping this leather off just to throw it away.

I've heard nothing but great things about Mosley and will probably go this route. When I was shopping for leather previously, Katskin was not an option.

I have Lseat.com leather. I recovered my seats in 2017 right before a long road trip out west. Brand new, this leather was fantastic. I could tell it wasn't the best quality but for $300 it fixed the giant hole in my driver and passenger seats and made them very comfortable.

Fast forward to 2021 and the leather is developing cracks. It's still soft and pliable but is already showing stress at the edges from climbing in and out. Our Cruiser is not a daily driver and I've only put 20K miles on it since the leather was installed. Never again. I hate wasting money and I'm certainly not going to like stripping this leather off just to throw it away.

I've heard nothing but great things about Mosley and will probably go this route. When I was shopping for leather previously, Katskin was not an option.
Mosley seems like the only way to go. Plus you can add seat coolers, how do you say no to that?

I am looking for a good auto upholstery installer in the Lake Tahoe / Reno area. Any suggestions? I see the threads on putting it in yourself but just don't have the time or inclination.

I plan to order from Mosley based on conversations here so have the source (thanks everyone), just need someone to put it in.

I’ll give a vote for Katzkin. They do my seats. Though my ‘97 is not a 40th, I elected to have the 40th two-tone seats to match to doors. Could not be happier. The color is absolutely dead on. Can not distinguish from the door colors. Had these done in 2016 and they’ve held up brilliantly.

View attachment 2583766

View attachment 2583767

View attachment 2583768

View attachment 2583769
Looks perfect-I'm trying to decide colors for my 95 oak-this two tone Anniversary is awesome and I think would match in mine. Do you recall the color names? I'm having to pick from a swatch of colors that Katzkin has.

Looks perfect-I'm trying to decide colors for my 95 oak-this two tone Anniversary is awesome and I think would match in mine. Do you recall the color names? I'm having to pick from a swatch of colors that Katzkin has.
Don’t recall the exact color names. They gave me a color swatch and I just picked the two that best matched the door cards. Super happy with how it turned out. Also happy I switched to the darker tones on the center arm rest and door arm rests.

I’ll give a vote for Katzkin. They do my seats. Though my ‘97 is not a 40th, I elected to have the 40th two-tone seats to match to doors. Could not be happier. The color is absolutely dead on. Can not distinguish from the door colors. Had these done in 2016 and they’ve held up brilliantly.

View attachment 2583766

View attachment 2583767

View attachment 2583768

View attachment 2583769
@midfat Needing to do this for my truck, do you have the seat colors and configuration handy?

thank you in advance.

Mike G

@midfat Needing to do this for my truck, do you have the seat colors and configuration handy?

thank you in advance.

Mike G
My 40th has the Mosely kit installed. I was very happy with the match and quality. I paid a pro to install them and it was worth every penny. Cost me $1200 in labor to install front and middle row.

Just realized I never post pics on this old thread. So here is the finished product.
My 40th has the Mosely kit installed. I was very happy with the match and quality. I paid a pro to install them and it was worth every penny. Cost me $1200 in labor to install front and middle row.
E1B7E89B-E914-4CEC-9E5F-DA9AC2E54A42_1_105_c.jpeg
EC50B109-DC63-4373-88AD-9C71E5165CB8_1_105_c.jpeg
468A17EA-41FA-4287-911A-985FF728F8E6_1_105_c.jpeg
71F614E0-3A69-4BCD-BD93-7E4EE61A9CEE_1_105_c.jpeg
B2857386-66C4-4DC9-8456-2D857A63883F_1_105_c.jpeg

Mosley is the way to go if available.

I put a set of Oak in a Desert Dune CE and a rear set in the single tone brown in my OG that has Scheel Mann fronts.

One note, they are a tight fit, another reason they still look good after a couple years, so if you add new lower seat cushions having a shop or access to steamers etc for installation might be necessary.
IMG_5674.jpeg
IMG_5673.jpeg
IMG_4093.jpeg
IMG_4126.jpeg

Reactions: 2JG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom