Bedliner Spray-on Grill (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1985 FJ 60 with a chrome grill. I want to have it spray painted black, possibly with Bedliner spray. Has anyone done this and what were the results? Thank you for any feedback.

Check out the link above to an old thread.

I haven’t done any chrome, however I have done many aftermarket bumpers, they turn out well. The key is to use a Schutz gun to get a consistent spray, and once done, use a rattle can with high-gloss black paint, it won’t look painted, but the Bed liner will have some really good definition to it.

I sprayed mine with Raptor Line, I used two Aerosol cans. I just sanded an everything down to scuff up really well, especially the chrome. Then two coats of primer and sprayed. The key is to follow their instructions exactly, they have videos on line explaining everything. I sprayed mine about a year ago, and has held up great, granted it’s not my daily so not a ton of miles. But I also used same product on sliders I put on 2 years ago, same results looks great hand has held up to foot traffic great.

RAPTOR Black UP4883 Bedliner 13.02 Oz 2K Aerosol, 7d-3 Cubic_Meters, 400ml https://a.co/d/7sHg9pA

4CB33F9B-FC0D-41C0-B11C-CBDDF227C9DD.jpeg
9E2C35AE-2778-47A0-8BA2-22519BA90BD2.jpeg

I have a 1985 FJ 60 with a chrome grill. I want to have it spray painted black, possibly with Bedliner spray. Has anyone done this and what were the results? Thank you for any feedback.
We need a picture of this chrome grill before you go spraying it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom