BBS Forged 2019 TRD Pro Wheels to go with new LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Broke down and bought the new 2019 LC 200 last month. Moved my trusty 100 to a cabin in Spokane/ID area. Already planning to spend a few dollars to upgrade this one, and started with the wheels. Caps are being painted since I hated the red.

Now I need to find a home for my stock wheels with just 1,000 miles on them. Wife is giving me a short leash to remove from the garage!

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

Give us another picture, overall! Love these wheels!

Is the offset the same as the stock wheel? It somewhat looks like these new TRD Pro wheels poke out further.

I think that looks great!

are those 275/70/18 KO2s?

any pics after painting the caps?

I just scored a set from a local toyota dealer for $1500! I plan to paint the caps and mount some 275/70/18 KOs.

Did you paint the entire cap black or tape off the black and only paint the red?

I just scored a set from a local toyota dealer for $1500! I plan to paint the caps and mount some 275/70/18 KOs.

Did you paint the entire cap black or tape off the black and only paint the red?

View attachment 2008810
Score! How did you go about this deal if you don’t mind me asking? Should I approach my local dealers for any take offs?
i got some high end spray paint that was ok for plastic and painted it all. Just sanded with 200-400 grit. Black Satin is perfect match

I called the dealer and asked if they had any "black 18-inch take-offs", and the parts guy said they were in the process of upgrading a tundra and they would have a set in the next few days. When i went to pick them up i saw that they were BBS (and tried to play it cool), he told me i was misquoted on the price but they were going to honor it. :cool:

Unfortunately, I noticed the back sides of a few of them were scratched up when i got home. I'm guessing it happened when they pulled out the TPMS sensors. It sucks, but I guess it's not a big deal.

I had Discount Tire mount up some 275/70/18 KO2s, clone me some TPMS sensors, and RFB all 4 wheels. I’m really happy with the results!

I have 3 daughters, and we have been outvoted on painting the center caps black. They will remain red for now :princess:

Here’s High, Normal, and Low modes.

FFB9CA4C-5C31-4F96-96EE-DC119AEC5AA6.jpeg

0DF12987-EC8B-4BC7-AD48-70AD70F8D7FD.jpeg

77427378-B077-4D4F-BC38-0C7CCF9DCB7F.jpeg

Last edited:
I had Discount Tire mount up some 275/70/18 KO2s, clone me some TPMS sensors, and RFB all 4 wheels. I’m really happy with the results!

I have 3 daughters, and we have been outvoted on painting the center caps black. They will remain red for now :princess:

Here’s High, Normal, and Low modes.

View attachment 2009381

View attachment 2009382

View attachment 2009383

Those tires look a little overinflated. What tire pressure are you running?

If you want a recommendation, I'm glad to help.

Those tires look a little overinflated. What tire pressure are you running?

If you want a recommendation, I'm glad to help.
haha! i've been looking up a ton of your old posts trying to figure out why everyone keeps asking you what their RCTIP should be.

If anything, I thought I was on the low side...When I was cleaning the rims, I noticed more "bulge" down on the bottom of the rims where the tire meets the ground.

It's a 2015 LX (stock), with the 275/17/18 KO2 DTs. I'm currently at 40PSI F/R

thanks!

haha! i've been looking up a ton of your old posts trying to figure out why everyone keeps asking you what their RCTIP should be.

If anything, I thought I was on the low side...When I was cleaning the rims, I noticed more "bulge" down on the bottom of the rims where the tire meets the ground.

It's a 2015 LX (stock), with the 275/17/18 KO2 DTs. I'm currently at 40PSI F/R

thanks!

I think you mean LT275/70R18/E DT KO2's.

If so, the RCTIP (Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure) for the LT275/70R18/E DT KO2's on your 2015 LX570 is 36psi F/R.

Just to calibrate my eye - what psi were you running in those pics? Never mind - saw 40psi in your post. Don't know how I missed that... Anyway, you were slightly overinflated.

HTH

I think you mean LT275/70R18/E DT KO2's.

If so, the RCTIP (Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure) for the LT275/70R18/E DT KO2's on your 2015 LX570 is 36psi F/R.

Just to calibrate my eye - what psi were you running in those pics? Never mind - saw 40psi in your post. Don't know how I missed that... Anyway, you were slightly overinflated.

HTH

You are correct, and sorry about the typo.
They are the LT275/70R18/E DT KO2's

I was at 40.5 in the pictures. How are you calculating this, if you don't mind me asking?

You are correct, and sorry about the typo.
They are the LT275/70R18/E DT KO2's

I was at 40.5 in the pictures. How are you calculating this, if you don't mind me asking?

I determine the Load Limit required - basically LX200 or LX570; factor in type of tire - LT-Metric, P-Metric, ISO-Metric or Floatation; and look up the answer using the Load/Inflation tables published by the Tire and Rim Association. Toyo published a great summary of the procedure here: Guidelines for the Application of Load and Inflation Tables

And, of course, I'm wicked smart! :wacky:

HTH

We just scored a set for $1300 and excited to get them put on. @radman Your set helped sell the wife on this change, so thank you!!
Where did you get this deal?

I like the design but the offset just looks weak. Could be the type of thing that look better in person?

Reactions: CGP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom