BBCNN Run 3-15-08 El Dorado Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trail: El Dorado

Description: This is a scenic fun trail that runs the canyons the East of Dayton. There are a lot of rock formations, mining, and trees along a creek that make this an interesting trail.

Date: Saturday, 3-15-08

Meeting Time:9:00 am Leave Time: 9:30 am

Meeting Location: The parking lot of the Smith’s grocery store in Dayton on Hwy 50.

Trail Difficulty: Mostly 2 on the road, 3 in the creek

Additional Equipment needed: Lunch

Duration of Run: About 4-6 hrs depending on the trail conditions (how muddy it is)

Tread Lightly / CB Channel 3

BBCNN

I MIGHT be able to make this one!
I wished I could have made it last year, and really wanted to do it this year....

Gotta see how the rest of the bumper build goes!

K

I'll try to get this shift covered at work.

I am hoping to make this one. I broke my 4runner in of El Dorado when I finished the SAS, so it would be cool to break the 80 in on it also.

Jack

I'm in if I have the 40 back together.
Otherwise I might hitch a ride with someone.

How much crawling we talking about with this one? Haven't swapped out my catchers for a better set of real sliders, so I lose a bit of my clearance still. Still stock height too.

How much crawling we talking about with this one? Haven't swapped out my catchers for a better set of real sliders, so I lose a bit of my clearance still. Still stock height too.

You should have no problems. The road through the canyon only has a few spots that you have to be careful, other than that, it's a dirt road. You can make it as hard as you want, if you leave the road.:cool:

Jack

Aww man, I'll be out of town that weekend. That's a fun trail. I've been wanting to tag along with the Reno crew, but the timing hasn't been right yet. Sometime it will happen.

Aww man, I'll be out of town that weekend. That's a fun trail. I've been wanting to tag along with the Reno crew, but the timing hasn't been right yet. Sometime it will happen.

Too bad, I'd love to see your diesel 70 series.

Too bad, I'd love to see your diesel 70 series.

Took it there in November. Next time I'll give a shout out on this forum. PM me if you go some other time, I only saw this in the "new posts" so I might miss an anouncement.
Thanks and have fun. I'll be laying on a Caribbean island beach soaking rays and drinking rum!!

I am hoping to make this one. I broke my 4runner in of El Dorado when I finished the SAS, so it would be cool to break the 80 in on it also.

Jack

That's the spirit :steer:

Took it there in November. Next time I'll give a shout out on this forum. PM me if you go some other time, I only saw this in the "new posts" so I might miss an anouncement.
Thanks and have fun. I'll be laying on a Caribbean island beach soaking rays and drinking rum!!

We always stick the club trail runs to the top so you can just stop by and check whats going on pretty fast.

Don't forget the sun screen :flipoff2:

Dan you can hitch with me if you want. I need to get off the pavement, be great to have you along.

Keith S.

I may need to bum a ride too...depends on if Jason w/the other blue FJ comes along.

Me and ~25lbs of camera gear that is.

No matter what, bring the camera gear. Bringing mine too.

If I need a ride and you have room for both of us that sounds good. I've never been in an FJ off road before.

If I need a ride and you have room for both of us that sounds good. I've never been in an FJ off road before.

I've only been a couple times, but you guys know that. And the only passenger I've had in the backseat whilst wheeling in Oregon was a feisty daschsund. He found it quite roomy, though that didn't stop him from jumping up front.

The FJ was also full of ladies once, again on an Oregon trip, but they didn't take up much room. I'm thinking a backseat passenger on a trail may have some visibility issues. However, I'm also thinking a backseat passenger could man the espresso machine using the three-prong outlet I have in the back. Put in a power strip and I could run Café FJ on the trail!

Desert or Rusty, feel free to bum a ride from me! I'd love to see your camera equipt, I'm bringing my Canon Rebel XT. Sounds like this is going to be a photo-expedition.

Duuudes!
Thats one of the runs I have to hit.

sounds like a good time , love to go but busy wit DV prep..

ken

We always stick the club trail runs to the top so you can just stop by and check whats going on pretty fast.

Don't forget the sun screen :flipoff2:

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom